Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Auction system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okays, this is it: a request.
I've been trying to make an auction house system a la ff9, event based. It ended up having more code than events. I'm just a newb in scripting, so I'd like some help on this. These are pretty much the steps needed:

1) Randomly choose from range {1,2,3} (1=item, 2=weapon, 3=armor)

2) Randomly choose the item's ID (from a given ID range)
Items offered in an auction could be marked with an (a) in their names.

3) Randomly find the "wanted lvl" (that is, how many offers the NPCs will make)

4) Offers: -randomly find the npc offer ( price * [1.1 ... 1.8] or any other
modifier range )
-check if the player has enough money
-give the player the choice to bid or pass

If he bids, change the price according to the bid
Use an offer counter variable, and it gets +1
Repeat until the player chooses "pass", or the counter variable is
greater than the "wanted lvl"
5) If the player bids enough times so that [offers counter] > [wanted lvl] then he pays the price for the item and receives it.

I have no clue how complex this could be, but from what I've seen people do with rgss, it shouldn't be too difficult.
This is the way I imagined it to work, though I think you could come up with something better.
I guess this is a nice feature for every project.
If there is already a script like that out there, I couldn't find it.
It's not something I really need, it's just an idea I had and thought it would be nice for the community to have such a script around.

ccoa

This topic has been resolved. If Ravenith or any other users have any questions or further problems regarding this topic, please create a new thread about them.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.