Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Attempt at my own Manga

Well, I'm still new at this but, the other day I decided to try making my own manga, Japanese art style but in English. It's modded in Paint and Microsoft Word, and is scanned on the computer after being hand drawn.

I'm still 14, turned 14 2 days ago, so don't expect superb art too quick. But if it's not asking too much, can yall check it out and tell me what you guys think? Don't think badly of the freewebs, it was the only host I could find that's half decent for free and gives a lot :p

http://www.freewebs.com/vendettagods

I kinda' just glanced at it... your art style reminds me of the art style my friend's little brother has... don't worry as you get older it'll slowly improve (that is if you continue drawing)

Where are you from? The thing is dusgustingly Japanese. With the names, using "sensei", etc. If you're not Japanese yourself, don't trey to emulate their culture. Write what you know. Just because you watch nothing but anime doesn't mean you have to be limited to it.

On top of that, as noted, your art needs significant improvement. I'd suggest spending more time practicing and studying art, anatomy and faces before diving into a project like this.

Good luck,
Serenade

Edit:

And what is with your random "portrait" of Cloud? It makes no sense. I stopped reading after that.

Uhh... I'd take rexxz's advice. Your drawing is pretty awful right now. Also, I'd stay away from the whole Bleach/Inuyasha type story. It's easy, but it sucks.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.