Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

ATB System...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATB SYSTEM VERY LITE[/FONT]

Introduction
ATB System Very Lite By XRXS is a Customized Simple Battle System that allows the battle system to have ATB Turn Bars...
Based on DEX of Actors and Enemies on your DATABASE!
it doesn't change any battler Position during battle....

Compatability
Im not quite sure that it will work with any HP/SP Actor/Enemy Script Display
Does not Work with the Battle Report Script...(tested too many times':|)
I Don't Know if it's SDK Compatible too...tell me if it is SDK Compatible...

Credits and Thanks
The Guy who made the Script has the name "Unknown" Whoever he is
thanks to him he made a great script :D :D :D
To Trickster and Sephirothspawn for the other Version of the ATB

Screenies
Didn't ADD not a Single one...just see the DEMO ok?

DEMO

soulcube;183453 said:
what do you mean?

In the demo, none of the graphics are included. The Chimera battler, the 'cloud strife' sprite, e.t.c.

So, in order to play it, you have to go in and manually change the graphics. Not a big deal though.

waaaaa!! Sorry...!!! i' reupload the demo ok?

And what did you change you aren't claiming credit for this are you because if you are you are stealing someone elses work.

Actually this script is XRXS/fukuyama ATB Battle system says so at the top

Now about the system itself, I don't believe it is a true ATB battle system (the only scripts I consider to be true ATBs are my ATB, RTAB (TRTAB ;)) and Cogwheel's RTAB script) even though the term is used rather loosely when classifing a battle system with a wait/at/cp bar that when it fills up an action is chosen. From my playtesting the demo I'd say it is more of a CTB Battle System

Why?
  1. Enemies do not attack while making actions
  2. Everything stops when choosing an action
  3. Bars do not fill while making an action
  4. Can not make actions while actions are occuring
and in the definition of a CTB Battle System here
The system is distinguished from Square Enix's Active Time Battle system by the fact that when a character's turn begins, all action stops while the player decides upon an action. This shifts the focus from reflexes and quick decision-making to strategy and careful planning.

But yeah I remember this script I adored it when I was more of an rmxp noob and this was the script I used as the battle system for it ahh good memories.

I still do adore this system as it is simple and should be compatible with many scripts

But you may want to translate this (even though I don't really approve of people translating and then posting scripts since anyone can do it with translators these days)
more particularly this sections intrigues me, it has something to do with poision
Code:
           if $data_states[j].name =~ /^ƒXƒŠƒbƒv([0-9]+)(%|ÂÂ

So it's not an ATB it's an CTB?
Sorry if i "STOLE" someone ELSE's work Trickster...
I'LL just edit the TOP if it's a CTB...
im really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really sorrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....':| ':| ':| -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- :( :( :(

Uhh, why are you sorry I'm not going to do anything

I just said in my opinion this isn't a true ATB battle system you don't have to change anything except that it is your version you didn't change anything in the script all you did was provide a demo :p

For the record this line needs to be changed
ATB System Very Lite by SOULCUBE/Hunterz_C4

Trickster;183489 said:
Uhh, why are you sorry I'm not going to do anything

I just said in my opinion this isn't a true ATB battle system you don't have to change anything except that it is your version you didn't change anything in the script all you did was provide a demo :p

For the record this line needs to be changed

so it's not an ATB then...what kind of Battle System is it? @_@

No Just Change the by line to By XRXS or Fukuyama don't change the ATB part

the battle system classification was just my opinion

Also use this to upload script demos :D

Mac

The last post in this thread was on:- 03-27-2007, 03:51 AM.

Please read the forums rules before you post because this is necroposting...if you want assistance with this script pm the poster about it.

I have two questions:

1. Is there anything special I must do in order do get the script not to crash my game just as I start it (of course except for placing the ATB script in MAIN)

2. There are some pictures.. such as the parameters an hp and stuff that I don't have in my resource folders, and cannot find in the folders provided in the demo.. so how will I be able to have them appear in my game? :S

Thank you in advance. By the way I like this simple system to the battle, it makes the boring standard much more fun and good for someone who hasn't learned scripting yet.

Edit: Sorry I just saw the post above about replying to old topics.. can ignore this if you wish. Again sorry.

darkmousy1993, this topic is 1 year old. Please don't necropost.
You can request the script in the Script Request forum or ask for the demo in The Lost Script.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.