Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

"Area-Movement"

Here's the deal. I'm working on a game, with a main character - controlled by the player, and three party members - whom the player may not control during 'world-roaming'; but can during the battle sequences. I want the player to be able to interact with these characters too. Problem is, I can't have a 'party-train' movement system, and I can't work out how to get them to move the way I want..

..anyway, here is a basic concept design of how I want the movement to go down:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/ ... oncept.jpg[/IMG]

The party members may move in four directions, but must always stay within certain limits so they don't stray too far from the main character. At the same time though, I want the player to be able to approach these party members without them running away.

I'm not sure if I've explained this too well, as I've been up for 50 hours straight working on this game, as I'm on a pretty tight schedule.

If anyone could help me out though, it would be greatly appreciated, as I'm clueless with Ruby, and I'm stretching my brain to it's (contstricted) limits with the interface, graphics, story, and so on and so forth..

Thanks,
Mittens​

Near made one, and I plan to make a new one pretty soon. The one I make will have customizable formations, like train actor, lines, etc. or just stay within certain ranges. You will also be able to assign things to add to your characters, so you can have them speak to you through a message window. Don't expect it for a few weeks though.

SephirothSpawn;249762 said:
Near made one, and I plan to make a new one pretty soon. The one I make will have customizable formations, like train actor, lines, etc. or just stay within certain ranges. You will also be able to assign things to add to your characters, so you can have them speak to you through a message window. Don't expect it for a few weeks though.

Nice one, cheers. I ain't gonna need it for a couple of months anyway. If I stay ahead of schedule, that is..

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.