Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Anti-RGSSAD Extractor Project

Well, I have designed a method for protecting RMXP/VX games from being extracted by my RGSSAD Extractor(Aka Pandora's Box). Now I want to know if someone is able to break my new sequrity, for seeing how strong is this method.
Here is a protected project: Decrypt me!.rar Version 1.02

Decrypt me!.rar Version 1.01

Decrypt Me!.rar Version 1.00

Zeriab

Sponsor

I couldn't resist :blush:

=begin
How the hell could you overcome my protection method?
However, I have to congratulate you for this, now I
have to search another method...
Send me an e-mail with this text included, so I can know
who are you fatherfucker.

Fuck yourself, ;)
vgvgf
=end

*hugs*
- Zeriab

Zeriab

Sponsor

I like the idea although I admit I don't know how you did it at all ^_^
I did it by lucky guesswork. I'll pm the details.

Btw. don't be too saddened by the short time I spent on getting that. It works excellent against your pandora's box. I think it will stop most script kiddies.

@Seph: I love you too <3

*hugs*
- Zeriab

Please dont complete  this.  I'm having too much fun cheating on games with your extractor.

Just kidding,though.  This would prove useful to those with all custom sprites,sripts,stuff like that.

Ok. I don't see this topic going anywhere anymore. I think vgvgf  got what he needed.

If you have a reason for me to open this again vgvgf, just ask. I have no problem.

Well, I have updated the project. It was silly from me in something, that allowed Zeriab to extract the data, but now it will be more difficult. Can someone decrypt it?

Decrypt me!.rar Version 1.01

Zeriab

Sponsor

It was indeed. It's roughly equivalent to vgvgf having used vgvgf as password.
I'll take a look at it when I get the time and see what I can do about the updated version ^_^

*hugs*
- Zeriab

Zeriab

Sponsor

This time it was more tedious. Even so I managed to get the Scripts.rxdata file.
The unseeable":2cg8oysl said:
#Anti-RGSSAD Extractor 1.01 Project

#How the hell could you overcome my protection method?
#However, I have to congratulate you for this, now I
#have to search another method...

#vgvgf

I will pm you the details ^_^

PD":2cg8oysl said:
#I hate you.
;~;

Hehe, now noone will be able to modify Save Games, because they are now encrypted, this time you Zeriab won't have any chance. I have just updated the project with an encryption system for saved games I made yesterday, and now it will be a perfect protection, or at least very difficult to break.

Decrypt Me!.rar Version 1.02

This time it will be very difficult to extract the data and graphics.

gammer":1eea6riq said:
Wow, this is pretty funny. I can't wait until no one can decrypt this so I can use it to encrypt my work :)

Technically, there'll always be someone able to decrypt it. It's just a matter of whether or not they want to. (And, vgvgf will always have the ability to do just that)

Zeriab

Sponsor

I have been unsuccessful in finding a way to extract the data and graphics using pandora's box.
There are still some stuff I could try doing which I am too lazy to try and which is not related to Pandora's box. (I will for obvious reason not talk about them)

So that's good news ^^
*hugs*
- Zeriab

Zeriab":3l7zr6cy said:
I have been unsuccessful in finding a way to extract the data and graphics using pandora's box.
There are still some stuff I could try doing which I am too lazy to try and which is not related to Pandora's box. (I will for obvious reason not talk about them)

So that's good news ^^
*hugs*
- Zeriab
That is good to know. Now I will work on a tutorial explaining how to protect a game with my method. Thanks for all the help Zeriab.

#==============================================================================
# * Anti-RGSSAD Extractor 1.02 Project
#ABCDEFGHIJKLMOpQRSTuVWXYZABCDEFGHIJKLMOPQRStUVWXYZABCDEFGHIJKLMoPQRSTUVWXYZABC
#BCDeFGHIJKlMOPqRSTuVWXYZABCDeFGHIJKlMOPQRSTUVWXYZABCDeFGHIJKLMOPQRSTUVWXYZABCA
#CDeFGHIJKLMOPQRSTUVWXYZABCDeFGHIJKLMOPQRstUVWXYZABCDEFGHIJKLMoPQRSTUVWXYZABCAB
#DEFGHIJKLMOPQRSTUVWXYZABCDEFGHIJKLMOPQRSTUVWXYZABCDEFGHIJKLMOPQRSTUVWXYZABCABC
[...]
Looks like something is going on your nerves? :)
Anyway, the savegame encryption is worthless too, because your key is visible as plaintext
in memory (Save_Seed = 132456798)... not to say that it would be better if it was "encrypted"
in memory, just mentioning that it will always be trivial to break security through obscurity.

Also this makes it harder to run games in your non-Microsoft operating systems of choice
without decrypting (different PE packer?) so I'd appreciate if you just stopped it...
Apart from that, no I did not use your tool, but if it can be "defeated" (without writing your
own rgss implementation which uses a wholly different encryption) then you're not doing
it right.

Der Drake":23vs9vmo said:
# * Anti-RGSSAD Extractor 1.02 Project
#ABCDEFGHIJKLMOpQRSTuVWXYZABCDEFGHIJKLMOPQRStUVWXYZABCDEFGHIJKLMoPQRSTUVWXYZABC
#BCDeFGHIJKlMOPqRSTuVWXYZABCDeFGHIJKlMOPQRSTUVWXYZABCDeFGHIJKLMOPQRSTUVWXYZABCA
#CDeFGHIJKLMOPQRSTUVWXYZABCDeFGHIJKLMOPQRstUVWXYZABCDEFGHIJKLMoPQRSTUVWXYZABCAB
#DEFGHIJKLMOPQRSTUVWXYZABCDEFGHIJKLMOPQRSTUVWXYZABCDEFGHIJKLMOPQRSTUVWXYZABCABC
[...]
Looks like something is going on your nerves? :)
Anyway, the savegame encryption is worthless too, because your key is visible as plaintext
in memory (Save_Seed = 132456798)... not to say that it would be better if it was "encrypted"
in memory, just mentioning that it will always be trivial to break security through obscurity.

Also this makes it harder to run games in your non-Microsoft operating systems of choice
without decrypting (different PE packer?) so I'd appreciate if you just stopped it...
Apart from that, no I did not use your tool, but if it can be "defeated" (without writing your
own rgss implementation which uses a wholly different encryption) then you're not doing
it right.
Well, I was expecting something like this, because the protection I made was not so good, and I don't know much about encryption/decryption, and general protection of programs. But what surprise me is: "no I did not use your tool". What have you done? Direct decrypting the rgssad? Or another simplier method? It is intriguing.

I didn't know that, but can RMXP/RMVX games be played in Linux/Mac/and others?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.