Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Anti-Battle Lag script

OK, in some of my battles (namely the tutorial battle and Final Boss Battle as I test them out) always lag. I was wondering if there's an anti-battle lag script anywhere so I can get rid of the lag in my battles, as they are driving me nuts. I would be very grateful.

I've never seen any lag in battles X|

Anyways... Given that event anti-lag scripts reduce lag by stopping the refresh of events offscreen, and that battles have nothing offscreen that is getting refreshed, I don't think this is possible <.<

Shiro

The only way to get rid of lag in battle is by removing some of the flasy visuals you may or may not have put in there. (especially HP/SP bars)

If it is just a battle without custom scripts, the problem lies in your computer and no script can help that.

I think it's due to the Advance Message Script, when I have my character's name and face displayed together with the text. But it's strange as the first time it's displayed when the first boss battle it doesn't lag, but with the tutorial battle and Final Boss Battle it does, weird.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.