Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Answering Questions Using Keyboard Module Script?

I have this idea for some interesting puzzles in my game. Unfortunately they don't work like I want them to.

I need a window to pop up when Called that uses the Keyboard Module Script to type in an answer to a question or riddle. Then I need that answer to be stored some place that can be called in a Conditional Brach.

Basically I'm trying to make a question and answer event... But I don't want to have it be multiple choice, nor do I want it to be numeric. I want it to be like this:

Man says: "What's the secret word?
Player types: "Humbug"
Man says: "You may pass."

Get what I'm saying? I just a small script to call a window that allows me to type in a message or word that it can be used in a Conditional branch.

Full credit for anyone that helps me, of course!

Thank you in advance,
Firestalker

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.