Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Another Travel/warp script

Hi

I've just seen the Trickster's Travel/warp script v1.1
But he doesn't want the family to be able to travel/warp :(   (the demo link s already dead)
and it wasn't exactly what I'm thinking about, though it was really cool-looking.

The one I'm suggesting is like below:

-list of destinations. (destination can be added or deleted during the game..)
-scene can be called by an event.
====now's the important difference===
-the world map is shown behind the list.
-Each time the cursor move from a destination's name to another one's, the map behind scrolls to the reffering area.

An example of similar application... would be Final Fantasy X-2 : the selection of missions during the last parts..(in the ship)

If you don't really understand my poor explanation, please ask me.
If it is needed.... might make a demowith events to show you the base of the idea ....

Edit : Now I've done a demo with events...(graphics are made in ten second..)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7n1wcg
Please tell me if you guys might reproduce the same kind of menu scene with script.
If it stays with no answer forever.. Maybe I'll have to finish it with lagging events ... |-(

One additional LITTLE request.

I'm using a worldmap scene alled my the menu : http://www.sendspace.com/file/bwkk9x
and I'd like to add a little cursor that indicate where I am.

I think it could be done by defining every possible spots and use "when" but it was just the idea of a non-scripter.
This should.. I think(even though I don't know a word in ruby language).. not so difficult for you great scripters XD

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.