Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Animation Help

can someone make a quick script to show all of the casting animations and the skill animations in the center of the bottom part of the screen while in battle..

I have 6 people in my battle and when the first and last character use a skill the cast animations are completely cut off and then when its a healing skill and its used on them it wont show it because they are off the screen.. i'm not using any battlers so i just want the animations to be shown in the middle of the bottom part (where the battlers would normally be) thank you.

Gotcha covered. Guess ya 'invisibled' your heroes, eh?
  • I know you're using RTAB so I don't have to ask which system.
  • I'm guessing you're using Fomar0153's large party system. While I had a hand in the Mk II version, I will admit that the Game_Actor class I coded isn't really cut-out for RTAB.
Paste this below RTAB and below the Large Party script. You'll get what you desire. NOTE: This is only set up for '6' party member placement and wont affect the battlestatus menu at all (or it shouldn't).
Code:
class Game_Actor < Game_Battler
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Acquisition in battle picture X coordinate
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def screen_x
    # Calculating X coordinate from line order inside the party, it returns
    if self.index != nil
      return self.index * 106 + (6 - $game_party.actors.size) * 52 + 52
    else
      return 0
    end
  end
end

AWESOME THIS WORKED PERFECTLY THANK YOU

*EDIT* lol sorry my caps lock button got stuck hahaha (and by the way I'm not using any large party script i just messed with alot of the default scripts and made it so i could add 6 characters to the battle.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.