Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

An euipment script request (XP)

Hello guys,
Is it possible to make a script which increases an actor's hp 100 (for example..)
instead of percent (by default using status) when he equip with something???  :lol:

I am requesting for XP script

You don't need a script.

Simply make a parallel common event that looks for if the actor has an armor equiped. Then increase the actors hp by 100.

then set a switch on

then make a checker where if the armor is dequipted and the switch is on. remove 100 hp and turn the switch off to stop it
from constantly draining your Max Hp.

See? Easy!

=D

Necro_100000":1ayez863 said:
You don't need a script.

Simply make a parallel common event that looks for if the actor has an armor equiped. Then increase the actors hp by 100.

then set a switch on

then make a checker where if the armor is dequipted and the switch is on. remove 100 hp and turn the switch off to stop it
from constantly draining your Max Hp.

See? Easy!

=D

How if I have 8 different characters and many many different equipment... :crazy:
that will crash the game...ha...
so that is why  I need a script  :down:

anyway...thanks

Atoa

You don't need to use events.
Simply create an status effect that change the stauts (remember, changes of status effect are in %) and add it in the Auto Status option of the equip.  Of course, this works only for armors, except you use an script to add auto status to weapons (there's one that do this somewhere..)

Atoa":1rkac59q said:
You don't need to use events.
Simply create an status effect that change the stauts (remember, changes of status effect are in %) and add it in the Auto Status option of the equip.  Of course, this works only for armors, except you use an script to add auto status to weapons (there's one that do this somewhere..)

Hmm...but I don't really want the Max Hp increase  in %...
what I really want is for example...when one equip an armor ,his max hp increases by 60  :smile:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.