Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Amy's Workshop

What I am going to be working on is reworking the RMXP RTP music. I want to shuffle things around, use motifs in other songs, etc, to extend the RTP music while keeping it sounding part of the same set. There are some great little chunks of song in some of the tracks which don't really go anywhere on their own, but would be better as part of other tracks.

To begin with, I remade the battle music I did years ago. This is just an instrument switch, some note changes, and some duplication, so it's nothing big or notable. But it's a start.

http://afar.ws/personal/amy_01_battlemusic.mid

Sounds cool! The MIDI instruments remind me of the good times I've had with my Gameboy Color :). There is a strange balance between instruments that sound cool/epic and that sound delicate (mainly the guitar lead), which somehow makes me think of chocobos :P. The delicateness prevents the piece from sounding epic, but it is invigorating. I don't know the original, but I would definitely use this in a game. Well done!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.