Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Alteration of Fog of War

Okay, hopefully someone can do it or help me.
My request is this: A basic flashlight script, which hinders the view around you expect what is directly in front of you for say about 5 or so blocks. Now I know I could do this with pictures but its a big hassle and causes major lag, at least it does for me. So I thought of this:

My idea:
Taking one of the Fog of war scripts that used to be posted here, I'm not sure where they can be found now though, but I know Wachunga had one posted here a while ago and on a few other places, but I'm not sure where anymore, ANYWAYS my thought is perhaps someone could alter that script or one of those kind to only reveal what is infront of the character, rather then what is all around them. Basically if that wasn't clear what I want is like a triangle shape in front of the character that reveals whats in front, but everywhere else is black.

If you have any questions feel free to ask I'll be happy to make things clearer or whatever.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.