Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Aftermath like in AOE 2

Hi!

I'd would like to know if there is a script that shows an aftermath just like in Age of Empires 2, either Age of Kings or The Conquerors Expansion.

I proceed to explain why I would like to include it (maybe this means I would like to get more than just one script...):

It would show several things like economy, military, technology, population statistics. Each one should be accessed by clicking or just moving the cursor with the arrow keys.
It would be shown each time you finish a battle or war (depending on the game needs). Why? It won't be like the default battle system. It'd look like this...

You would need to siege a town or just penetrate their defenses by looking for a hidden passage or something similar. Later you would encounter several guards or monsters who defend the town or keep (this would be just like a normal battle). After you killed all the monsters the aftermath should be shown. If you don't kill all the guards, you won't see that and would need to look for the rest of them.

Maybe the script should be called several times in a row. I mean, The player should be able to defeat all the guards in town 1, 2 and 3 and be able to read the aftermath each time he defeated them.

If the player defeated the monsters in town 1 and 3 (I'd have their respective maps setup in the game), he should not be able to start a rebellion or another battle in a different region since the war isn't over in the first region.

If the player won the battle, a town or keep should be able to change its allegiance (enemy => neutral or ally).

There should be a possibility that some villagers/prisoners may get killed by monsters/guards and that's why the military and population stats should be part of this script. It should tell you how many enemies were defeated and many civilians lost their lives during the battle.

I hope I explained every single thing what I was trying to tell you here. By the way, this should allow me to use the Allegiance scripts so I can change the allegiances at any time via script call.

Thanks for reading this post and a very long one, though.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.