Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Advanced class change script

Script Request Template
This is a request for a new script.

Script Title:
Advanced class change script

Detailed Description:

I am using Sideview Battle System Tankentai XP - Version 2.2xp, and using the extra scripts that came with it I have one of my characters transform into an 'aquatic form'. In any case, I set up a comment event where if the character is in aquatic state, she switches classes to the aquatic form class, so that she could have different spells. However, it doesn't work as I want it to. It seems that changing class doesn't get rid of/disable the spells you already have or give you the spells you would have if you had started as the class you changed to.

So basically, I want the script to make it so that when the character is in aquatic state after using the transformation spells, the spells she had in her non-transformed state would be disabled/gone, and the spells that the new class has are enabled for her. Another thing that I want is that when the battle is over and the aquatic state is gone, she transforms back into her original class and is not able to use the spells in the other class. If this is confusing, let me know and I'll try and state it better.

Other Scripts I am using (in order):
I'm not using SDK or MACL.

http://www.arpgmaker.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=60521&hilit=Sideview+Battle+System+Tankentai+XP

link to : Sideview Battle System Tankentai XP - Version 2.2xp. I think that is the only script that would possibly cause any problems with this.

The only changes I've made to default scrips are basic menu changes.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could do this for me, thanks :)

Wonderful, thanks Atoa.

Although there is one thing I still need to do, and that is somehow make it so that when aquatic state is no longer inflicted on the character, she reverts back to her original class.

To clarify on my setup and problems: When the character casts the spell that transforms her, it activates a common event which changes her class, and the spell inflicts her with aquatic state (which, using the "Cat Form" example in the tankentai XP script, changes her sprite), but I cant seem to make it so when the state is gone (either through knockout or the battle ending) she transforms back to the original class (although I can make her lose the aquatic state, but that isn't enough) and original sprite.

Atoa

Tankentai transform system is simply terrible...

There's not to much that can be done. Unless you set an parallel process to check the current state of the battler and chage the class if the state is different from the one set.

After some testing, I can change the sprite using the change actor graphic event...using this might be better.

EDIT: The only thing I can't do is tie the state to adding the class and sprite. The spell is what activates the common event which changes the class and sprite, so I can't find a way to reverse the process in death or at the end of the battle.

It seems like the only thing I need is a script which enables me to set it so that at the end of the battle, after the state is removed, the common event is called.. And, when you die, after the state is removed, the common event is called. Is that possible?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.