Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Adjusting Character Growth?

bhlaab

I'm new to RPG Maker XP (Have experience with 95-2k3 however) so the whole scripting thing is beyond me...

My proposed game has 'sort of' a Job System, and I've seen custom scripts for a FFV but that's a bit different than what I want to do.

I'm not worried about the menus involved, that I can do on my own. What I'm really interested in is if I could set it up slightly like a mix between Jobs and Espers, so that changing your job affects your character's permanent growth instead of stat bonuses that go away when you switch jobs. If this script could tie into XP's built in "Class" system, that would be great.

So here's the gist of what I'm looking for:

if (Alex's Class = Mage)
then on level up:
magic atk grows as per usual stats, but with a +20% bonus
str grows as per usual stats, but with a -20% bonus

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.