Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Adjustable character sprite frames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically I'm requesting this because I semi-failed in my own attempt.

What I'm looking for is a script that'll be able to have a different amount of frames per character at the same time, based on a string (defined by a regular expression) in the filename.

The only other condition is that it MUST still work properly if I called a script that changed the @character_name variable (therefore changing the sprite).

I posted a topic in the RGSS Support section here, but that had a less than overwhelming response, so I'm hoping a formal request would generate more interest.

The topic for my existing script is here, you can use it as reference if you want, or if all it requires is a simple modification, that'd be great too :)

PS. This is all related to my work on creating a Chrono Trigger style CBS if that's any motivation ;)

This topic has been resolved. If Dirtie or any other users have any questions or further problems regarding this topic, please create a new thread about them.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.