Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Adding Attributes (Scripting Tool)

I'm the one who had that img posted a while ago. While troubleshooting the thing all over the place, I knoticed that *hash_settings wasn't being converted by name so I did the same thing you did in order to turn *hash_settings into *stam, but it's passing 4-5 arguments (I tried some variations) instead of 1, so it seems. So that's the main problem right there. It's Line 69 of Attribute_Modifier.

I hope that helps.

HP isn't a stat by itself, it's a variable. MaxHP is a stat though, and you can do that with the stat creation feature. You'd have to create similar methods that handle the HP for your needs in other classes, like mainly Game_Actor, of course.

I MIGHT use this for my game, but I have to edit the XAS system so it works with the new variables and stats;) Nice work, though.

Razior

I know this might seem like a simple question, my scripting is seriously lacking. How can I call the attribute that I create through events and modify it (Luck +1, or -5, etc)? Can I call the attribute into a variable within an event? (variable 23 = luck) Please forgive me for necro-posting.

Edit: I answered my second question. I found I can call it with $game_variables[#] = $data_actors[@actor_id].skillname. I tried doing it the other way in an attempt to store the variables in the script (i.e. $data_actors[@actor_id].skillname = $game_variables[#]), but it returns an error.

Hello,
I was wondering, if I were to want to replace the default stats with the following:
Strength
Dexterity
Constitution
Intelligence
Wisdom
Charisma

How would I use your script to set up those stats. The reason I ask, is since I plan the stats to be static. Once made (at character creation, an in game menu) they do not change except with the effects of an item.
If one would be kind enough to help me by providing a script (even if it is a template) for how one is to set up a static stat that grows only by items, then I would be so very happy.

Thank you for your time.

I am sceptical on this but could the script be used on say a weapon or a piece of armour. If it can I would guess it would require an equipment level up/experience script correct?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.