Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Add Veriable on Level Up

It'd be a variable, right? And why haven't you done this with the in-game variables? What are you going to do with the stored / updated value? If there's no real use for it, you better leave it out, don't you think?

I understand what he's saying, I think... Every time your character levels up, it adds one variable. I'm not sure why he WANTS to do this, but I do belive that is what he is implying.

To imply what he is impying, it's like this:

When
Actor1's level= 1, Variable Actor's Level= 1.
Actor1's level= 99, Variable Actor's Level= 99.

I'm about 5000% sure that you can do this without a script. Whenever I fly home tommrow, I'll get on my PC and play with it to find out how to do it through events.

Chalupa":1z8ojju0 said:
I understand what he's saying, I think... Every time your character levels up, it adds one variable. I'm not sure why he WANTS to do this, but I do belive that is what he is implying.

To imply what he is impying, it's like this:

When
Actor1's level= 1, Variable Actor's Level= 1.
Actor1's level= 99, Variable Actor's Level= 99.

I'm about 5000% sure that you can do this without a script. Whenever I fly home tommrow, I'll get on my PC and play with it to find out how to do it through events.

I am using this variable to allow skill points. Then, every time a person levels up, he gets x skills points to use on him/herself. I need something like:
When player [ID] levels up, +x variable[ID] skill points.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.