Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Add Commands to Original CMS

Project: Dies Irae
Link: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=64988

Okay! What I need is really simple. However, I just couldn’t figure it out myself. I just need some options added to my menu system. What I want added is the Limit Break script and it needs to be labeled SCS for ‘Special Classed Spells’. Another is the Synth/Cook script and needs to be labeled ‘Craft’. But when you click on Craft, a small box will drop down asking you if you want to Synth or Cook. What do I mean by that? Well, when you look at the game I have linked below, go to ‘Items’. Notice it will make a drop down box that asks what category you want to look at. Same concept.
The new menu should look like this on the top

0 ITEM 1 SCS 2 STATUS 3 PARTY 4 SAVE
5 SKILL 6 CRAFT 7 EQUIP 4 OPTIONS 9 QUIT

***Ignore the numbers, for they are just what should be used in the script.

Below is a link to my project with just the basics in it. I have some other random things in. But I figure this is the easiest way for everyone since I have many scripts going on in it. I tried to get rid of anything unnecessary so it’s relatively small.

Also, the scripts for Crafting and Limit Break are already there. I just need the commands in the menu system that brings them up.

LINKAGE: http://www.fighting-dreamer.com/zank/Dies%20Irae.zip

---

If you can, there are a few more things I need. However, they come after the menu thing.
1) I want to remove the bars in both the Equip screen and the Status screen. Since they kind of imply that there is a limit or certain level to stats.
2) The ATB bar in the battle system is not slanted like the rest. If you know how to program it so that its like all the other bars, that would REALLY help!

Thanks to anyone and everyone willing to help!
-Zank

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.