Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Actor Customization V.6.0.2

Fatray

Sorry for the late replies, got busy >.>

Anyways:

@Fatray; The first one is enclosed in =begin and =end tags. Tried it anyways and it works, same with the second. So try the script posted on the site and not in the demo.

Wich site do you mean? rmyp.org or the one mentionend in the script?? Because i can't find it on the site wich is written in the script.

Fatray;262402 said:
Wich site do you mean? rmyp.org or the one mentionend in the script?? Because i can't find it on the site wich is written in the script.

By the site I meant the script that is on page one in this topic and not in the demo, since the demo is using an older version of the script. Kind of busy to update it now.

@soulofwolf: Check my profile

and woot 101 replies.

Fatray

Oh ok^^
But i think i've used the script on the first page and it doesn't worked, but i'll try it now

EDIT:
Hm no this doesn't work. Maybe its incompatible with some of the other scripts I have

ok synth i changed my events as you suggested and it fixed the problem with looping events but i've come across another problem with your script, when i finish a battle and then level up it seems to disable all transport player events till after i enter another battle. meaning i kill a ghost for example and then level from it and try to walk on an event that takes me to another map and the event just doesn't do anything until i get in another battle that i don't level from, but i can still use "push to activate" events just fine, just not any events that are player touch.

karby

I really like this script, but there's two things I wanted to change for my own use, but I have ..er, very little clue as to how to go about it.

What I wanted to do was change it so when you're adding points, you can only see what changes the current upgrade would give you. i.e., if you had STR highlighted, you'd see that putting points on STR would affect your STR, but not all the others and so forth.

The other thing I wanted to change was how you switch between characters on the upgrade screen. I'd like to be able to switch between them by pressing Left and Right, instead of cancelling and L/R'ing after that.

I hope you can help me with this.

-Karby

Now, say that, for example, the game that one is designing would not result in increasing HP or SP to be a useful bonus...what if you wanted to make different stats upgradable, such as adding a permanent bonus to one of the defenses? How could this code be changed to allow for such edits?

UPDATE. Version 6.0.0 is released.

Version 6.0.0 has been released and can be found on the first post.

New in Version 6.00
-- Ability to Raise HP with Strength
-- Ability to Raise SP with Intelligence
-- Draws Upgrade Points and level up display in the Menu
-- Remove previously used points
-- Customize the amount of points needed for one upgrade
-- Ability to use Classes instead of Actor IDs
-- Equipment Boosts
-- Easily customize the Skin
-- Comes with a new Data_Points class which makes management of the points easier.
-- Draw Faces
-- Draw pictures as the background
-- Draw the map as the background
-- Plus some

#===============================================================================
# This script is compatible with the following battle systems:
#===============================================================================
- UCoders NeoABS
- Blizzard ABS
- XRXS Zoom Battle System
- MrMo ABS and SDK 2.2
- Caldaron's ABS
- Prexus' ABS
- The RTAB
- May work with others. The above is what I tested with.

you can modify the script to put these option (in ragnarok style)??: i create vitality, and vitality change max hp, agility change flee rate, understand??
obs: the option to create my own stats

You change the Stat names from your Database -> System Tab. So if you want HP to go up when Vitality goes up, name Strength 'Vitality' and set 'Raise_hp_with_strength' to true. Then when you upgrade 'Vitality' your HP will increase. For flee rate, you would need a Custom Battle System that has the escape rate modified. If you already have a battle system like that, I can very easily create a 'flee_points' stat for you that increases as the agility increases.

I don't have a copy of the XAS Hero ABS on me at the moment, but if it was built using the default statistics then it should factor in the Player's evasion rate which by default already uses agility. If not, then one would have to rewrite the attack method. One way to check is to set your agility to Max and then have a very weak monster try to hit you, if the monster hits you 100% of the time, then Evasion is not being factored in, but if it misses, then evasion is being factored in.

SyvarrisX":1ykwa8vn said:
Hey, this is a great script! Do you know why it is not compatible with the GTBS?

Thanks!
-Syv

After testing with the GTBS, I had no problems with the script. I never tested all of the popular battle systems because I got lazy and bored. But it works.

I have edited my first post to include the GTBS.

I wish this script could be modified to create extra stats such as Luck or Hacking or something. How hard might that be?

It can. You will have to just copy/paste the conditions in the increase_points method, and the decrease_points method and then just add additional stats in the same format in the customization section. If you want, feel free to send me a PM and I will do it for you.

Synthesize":2rg5temz said:
SyvarrisX":2rg5temz said:
Hey, this is a great script! Do you know why it is not compatible with the GTBS?

Thanks!
-Syv

After testing with the GTBS, I had no problems with the script. I never tested all of the popular battle systems because I got lazy and bored. But it works.

I have edited my first post to include the GTBS.

I wish this script could be modified to create extra stats such as Luck or Hacking or something. How hard might that be?

It can. You will have to just copy/paste the conditions in the increase_points method, and the decrease_points method and then just add additional stats in the same format in the customization section. If you want, feel free to send me a PM and I will do it for you.

Thanks! I'll give it a shot!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.