Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

ABS that can be disabled

i want to have certain maps/areas/events that use an ABS instead of the cbs/dbs and would like one that can be disabled so i can use them side by side

I think disabling-enabling scripts themselves will not work, esp. if the CBS doesn't modify Scene_Battle class (i.e. writing its own battle scene), although I believe most ABS modifies that class.

I am thinking something like this:
1. Have as many CBS as you want, leaving the DBS as it is (if used).
2. Make sure all CBS doesn't modify Scene_Battle class. If it is, change the CBS' Scene_Battle class name to something else.
3. Either:
a. Define an in-game variable that will determine the battle system you'll be using, changing its value using Variable Processing event.
b. Define a script variable, with the same usage as (a), and modify its value via Call Script event.
4. Change the Interpreter a little bit so we can still use Battle Processing event. By looking the value of the variable in (3), choose the appropriate battle system and execute it.

I might be wrong though (didn't test it)...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.