Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

About SephirothSpawn's Breakable Weapons Script

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that SephirothSpawn provided a script like this to crusader some time ago. When I tried to test this script, I configured it so that the first four weapons equipped by the heroes would actually break after 90 or 99 turns. At least that is what I initially thought I did. Later I discovered that I never did that. I let all the heroes' weapons break at anytime. The problem is that I was looking for a script that would allowed me to specify how many weapons would be breakable. It would be something like creating a new type of weapons, or just subclasses (Common and breakable weapons).
I tested the script about hundred times but there was nothing I could do to change the entire situation.
Could anyone help me with this issue?
The link...
http://www.rmxp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31737

The script creates a probability for the weapon to break. Weapons in RMXP aren't handled actual objects, just references to objects. What this means is there aren't any unique weapons, so making them break after x turns is impossible.

If you want to use this script and have them never break, just use weapon_id => 0 and your weapon will never break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.