Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

About Exseikens Party Switcher

About my last script request, never mind that. I was able to make one myself. Altough nobody really sent me a reply i think. Now I have another problem..

I got a script [Exseikens Party Switcher] and it worked perfectly for awhile but

After I made a scene where one of my characters die (...for good. asta lavista. Resting in peace), when I opened the party switcher, that actor (the one who should have been killed) was there. I need help please. I'm not sure how to edit the party switcher.

To put it shorter...

I need a way to make that actor who is dead to disappear for good, not to show up in the party switcher or just hide that actor or disable him to be in the party. Thanks. :thumb:

just use a call script with this in it

Code:
$game_actors[[I]actor_id[/I]].unavailable = true

where actor_id is the actor's id from the database you wish to set unavailable (no leading zeros)

Alright thanks! It works perfectly now. Is it alright to make another request right now? It's gonna be short.(...abit)

What do I have to change in the script to be able to add a background image to the party changer or custom images for the party members (because the party switcher only shows the character sprite right.) or a way to show the faces instead of the character sprite.

I don't need the whole script though. Just the lines to add. Thanks again :thumb:

well for the first if you are using my rewritten version of it then you can just add this in the class Scene_Switch

Code:
  #----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Main Sprite
  #----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def main_sprite
    super
    @sprite = Sprite.new
    @sprite.bitmap = RPG::Cache.picture("filename of picture")
  end

The Background image is to be found in your pictures folder and replace "filename of picture" with the filename of the picture surronded by "" like I shown above

I'll edit this with code for the other two

Ummm. I was wondering if you're (anyone) still up to making an edit for the script.

Like what i said the last time, all I need now is:

In the party switcher, the characters appear as their character sprites. What I want it to look like is when I open the party switcher, instead of the character sprites appearing, the character's face will apear.

I hope you can make me a script. It's not really a main feature for the game but i will make it look better.:D

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.