Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

A useful 1-Scene CMS edit PLEASE!

Sorry about not putting the code in the spoiler and code tag, I just wasn't sure how... I am quite new here.
Nevertheless, what I am basically requesting is two things.
The first is that when one accesses the menu, and observes the character names in the character window, if one's character name is too big then the name will be cut off due to the screen's size. So if I had a character that was called 123456789, then the numbers 89 would be cut off.
The other thing that I wish someone could fix is simply that when one goes into an event battle, where suppose you will have text appear during the battle at specific turns, then the text will appear super, super slowly. Maybe the script performs too many actions per turn, like constant checking of a person's Hp or something, I dont know... point is, I would really appreciate it if someone could just fix that.
This script is super well done, but if these two things were fixed, I am sure a lot of people would appreciate it, including myself.

Thanks

Shiro

There's only one way to fix the lag problem in battle.

BATTLE_BAR = FALSE

Like you said, RMXP has to constantly draw the bars in battle. This is what causes the lag. The only way to get rid of it is to get rid of the bars entirely.

Yes, you are quite right Shiro.
But is it possible for the program to not contantly draw the bars in battle. What I love about this script is that it displays the player's actualy hp over the player's max hp. So is it possible to get rid of the bars yet keep the numbers. That would be great, I would really appreciate that.

Thank you for your concern

Shiro

Put in a new script above main but below the CMS.

Code:
#==============================================================================
# ** Window_BattleStatus Edit by Raziel
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  This window displays the status of all party members on the battle screen.
#==============================================================================

class Window_BattleStatus < Window_Base
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Refresh
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def refresh
    self.contents.clear
    @item_max = $game_party.actors.size
    for i in 0...$game_party.actors.size
      actor = $game_party.actors[i]
      actor_x = i * 160 + 4
      draw_actor_name(actor, actor_x, 0)
      self.contents.draw_text(actor_x, 32, 150, 32, "#{$data_system.words.hp} #{actor.hp}/#{actor.maxhp}")
      self.contents.draw_text(actor_x, 64, 150, 32, "#{$data_system.words.sp} #{actor.sp}/#{actor.maxsp}")
      if @level_up_flags[i]
        self.contents.font.color = normal_color
        self.contents.draw_text(actor_x, 96, 120, 32, "LEVEL UP!")
      else
        draw_actor_state(actor, actor_x, 96)
      end
    end
  end
end

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.