Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

A smithing system for VX

Okay! What I'm looking for is a script for VX that allows smithing of weapons and armors.
The way it works would be you gather materials from battles or finding them etc.
There are three types of materials
Metal, Magical and Junk

In the metal would be stuff like iron, steel etc.

In the magical would be gemstones and crystals

In the junk would be stuff like animal hides etc.

To smith an item you select two materials from any class and with the right combination creates a
weapon.

eg. item id[5] (steel)
    plus item id [10] (sapphire)
equals weapon id[5] (Aqua Blade)

Also when you call the scene the first window has options

Weapon Smith
Body Armor Smith
Shield Smith
Helm Smith
Accessory Smith
etc.

I don't urgently need the script for my game, but it would be a nice feature.

Frankly, this could probably be done with events, but I don't feel like going into it now.  Conditional branch if they got iron and conditional branch if they got sapphire then choice if you wanna make the sword.

I know, a lot simpler and definitely not very pretty but script requests don't usually get completed so I mean if you gotta have this you might as well just go with it.

xephyr14":1lf2721b said:
Frankly, this could probably be done with events, but I don't feel like going into it now.  Conditional branch if they got iron and conditional branch if they got sapphire then choice if you wanna make the sword.

I know, a lot simpler and definitely not very pretty but script requests don't usually get completed so I mean if you gotta have this you might as well just go with it.

I must admit that smithing systems can be done with events, but I see no reason why so many people seem to think that it has to be done with them. In fact, it is much more efficient to script a smithing system than it is to event one. Point in case, the more items that would be required, the bigger and deeper the chain becomes, and the harder it is to figure out what it was supposed to do in the first place. Not to mention the lag upon loading it, for many people.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.