Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

A (simple) ability script request

Hey guys :D

Im making a game named Guidance: Tales of Crysta, and in game, in the first 5 chapters, there is no magic at all, so i was thinking of a way to incorporate healing into the game without using magic and came up with a quick solution after reminiscing an old final fantasy game.

So my request is, can someone make a an ability (compatible with Charlie's CTB) that consumes a potion on use?

I need scripts for one that consumes potion, hi-potion and remedy. Using hi-potion will heal the whole group, potion will heal one ally and remedy cures status.

Cheers guys

Ryan

'Consume' is a default feature of an item.  And so is 'Scope'

For a potion, set the 'Scope' to "One Ally", set 'Ocassion' to "Always", set 'Consumable' to "Yes"
For a hi-potion, set the 'Scope' to "All Allies"
For a Remedy, Set the 'State Change' column to all '-'  to cure all states.

Am I missing something?

You could just use common events for the ability.

Conditional = <Item> in possession.
-Yes
--Remove <Item>
--<Effects>

-No
--You don't have any <Item>.

You could change the <Item> so that it can't be used unless the skill is used.  It's a suggestion.  The only disadvantage to using common events for these things is you could waste a turn if you don't have the item in your inventory.

Just a suggestion. :thumb:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.