Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

A side view battle system that uses RM2k3 battlers.

Minkoff's animated battlers can do that if configured correctly.
You can edit how many poses the characters can have and how many frames each has. That way even rm2k/2k3 batllers are possible to use.

Here I go again!  ;D
So first of all you need to edit the graphics a bit. Since RM2k/2k3 used two graphic files for each battler (why did they do this by the way?) You have to put the second image below the first one. Did that? Great!

Now download Minkoff's animated battlers. Put it above Main. Than go into Configuration.
Search for Animation Frames and Animation Speed. And replace it with:
Code:
  # * Animation Frames and Animation Speed
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------    
  MNK_SPEED               = 3       # Framerate speed of the battlers
  MNK_RUSH_SPEED          = 1.5     # Melee/Skill/Item motion speed of the battlers
  MNK_POSES               = 11      # Maximum # of poses (stances) in the template
  MNK_FRAMES              = 3       # Maximum # of frames in each pose
  MNK_FRAMES_STANDARD     = 3       # Standard # of frames played in each pose.

Now search for Editable template and change it to:

Code:
  # Editable Template (Some people wanted to change their template design)
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  MNK_POSE1   =   11   # Sets the 'Ready Pose'  (MNK_POSE1)   #1 in your template
  MNK_POSE2   =   3   # Sets the 'Struck Pose' (MNK_POSE2)   #2 in your template
  MNK_POSE3   =   5   # Sets the 'Woozy Pose'  (MNK_POSE3)   #3 in your template
  MNK_POSE4   =   2   # Sets the 'Block Pose'  (MNK_POSE4)   #4 in your template
  MNK_POSE5   =   7   # Sets the 'Charge Pose' (MNK_POSE5)   #5 in your template
  MNK_POSE6   =   8   # Sets the 'Retreat Pose'(MNK_POSE6)   #6 in your template
  MNK_POSE7   =   10   # Sets the 'Attack Pose' (MNK_POSE7)   #7 in your template
  MNK_POSE8   =   9   # Sets the 'Item Pose'   (MNK_POSE8)   #8 in your template
  MNK_POSE9   =   1   # Sets the 'Skill Pose'  (MNK_POSE9)   #9 in your template
  MNK_POSE10  =  6   # Sets the 'Victory Pose'(MNK_POSE10) #10 in your template
  MNK_POSE11  =  4   # Sets the 'Defeat Pose' (MNK_POSE11) #11 in your template

This should work fine. At least it did for me.

Last thing: Have fun  ;)

hm... strange enough, I just tried it with the version you are using. (I was using 8. 8) And it works fine...

Could you reupload the first picture again, since I can't see it? Maybe I that's why I am missing the problem...

Is the character you are using this battler for character number 1? In that case go into configuration again. In Default Battler style switches find the line
Code:
DEFAULT_ACTOR_ID        = [1]     # Ids of actors using default battlers

And change it to
Code:
DEFAULT_ACTOR_ID        = []     # Ids of actors using default battlers

That should do the trick.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.