Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

A Script to Open Save Window When You Press a Letter

I needed a saving system like this but, I need it to work like, you are in the choices phse like, "You found a key, (Get It) (Never Mind)" So it saves the last choices after saving, is this even possible?

This can be done through simple eventing and a small script change.

First, this is only if you want the Save menu to return to the map upon exiting, otherwise it will exit to the menu.
Go into Scene_Save, and find this at Line 50:
Code:
    $scene = Scene_Menu.new(4)
Change it to this:
Code:
    $scene = Scene_Map.new

Now we'll make a Common Event that will control the button pressing. Go to your database, and in Common events, make an event called 'Save Button?'. Set the Trigger to to Parallel, and then make a switch. If this switch is off you won't be able to call the Save Menu.

In the event commands box, make a Conditional Branch, on the fourth page go to Button and select 'L' which is the 'Q' on your keyboard. Inside the 'Button' pressed branch put a script call command including this:
Code:
$scene = Scene_Save.new

Now in the 'Else' branch put Exit Event Process. Now in game, turn the switch on and test it out!

That should work, I made in a little project to test it out. Enjoy!

Peace,
Mundane

Will this bring you back to the last question

for example
question 1
what is red
-color
-i dont know

question 2
who are you
-anyone
-unknown

You made it to question two will this enable you to save and return in question 2?

khmp

Sponsor

I know it doesn't go along with this thread's topic but I think he means simply saving the players choices. So they can be referenced at a later part in the game. You can do this a number of ways. The easiest is that your questions only ever have two outcomes. Then you can have the questions flip certain switches. Then they will be saved automatically. But you have to remember what switches were connected to which questions.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.