Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

A quick edit...?

Script Title: A Quick Edit?

RMXP or RMVX: XP

Detailed Description: Puhllleeeease help me out heeere~ I really wish to be able to customize the way each monster reacts to where I am. Some of them and see farther than others while some or not violent until attacked.

def update_enemy(enemy)
enemy.find_player # Checks if player is close
if enemy.engaged
enemy.guarding = false # Resets guarding
enemy.chill if enemy.cooldown != 0 # Decrease cooldown
if enemy.cooldown == 0
enemy.reset if enemy.check_ai # Reset timers
enemy.cooldown /= 2 if enemy.guarding
end
enemy.path_find # Pathfind to the player
end
if enemy.dead?
collect_spoils(enemy) # Collect items and exp
remove(enemy) # Remove enemy based on its triggers
end
end

That is the part of the ABS script that makes all enemies stalk me. They're all just as fast as each other, they all come at me even if I'm just standing alone and not doing anything... ( It's a rat and a bunny... ugh. xD )

If someone can make it so that it takes the information from the frequency and motions and such I place in the event where the little critter is as well as figure a way where I can change the diameter (or radius) in which a hostile monster can spot and attack me? I would love you foreeeeever~

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.