Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

A Question and A Possible Challenge

SCROLL DOWN TO BOTTOM IF YOU'RE NOT A BIG READER
In my fervent quest to compete at least one of my games I came across a dilema. I'm in esperate need of a) some kind of scripting talent of my own or b) someone with said talent willing to accept a chalenge for me. Before I issue the cahllenge I ask if anyone is familiar with the Games Skies of Arcadia, and the original Pirates of the Carribbean (For the XBox and PC, it was supposed to be named Seadogs, I believe). These games have more than one interesting concepts I would like to harness in a pirate game of my own. The first (as seen in Pirates of the Carribben) is an active system for buying and selling goods. stocking goods, and taxes on goods. There is a script available for this and I have it in my possession. The second is a kind of "Quest Log", which is available and I have, but with this comes my first dilema. Would it be possible to get a "Discovery Log" system, similar to Skies of Arcadia's (or does it come with the Quest Log script)? The second dilema is also combined with the Quest Log script, is there a way to attach a kind of reward system to it? Would it be possible to have it so that a certain ammount of discoveries net you a reward or each discovery is worth a reward?
My second request is for a script or system that is similar to the system presented in the Pirates of the Carribbean game, it's a system that allows the player to buy and sell his ship and hire crew members for it (which, in turn, boost certain aspects of the ship (speed, etc, etc)). This is similar to the crew system in Skies of Arcadia as well. This script should also include the ability to equip cannons and items to the ship and upgrade it with items similar to the Ships Colors (or something like that) which upgrades the max heath of the ship.
My final request is for a script that includes a ship battle system that mirrors the Ship Battle System in Skies of Arcadia, but is seperate from the normal battle system.
In conclusion to this massive ammount of crap here's what I need in a nutshell:
1- A Discovery Log Script that is combined with/Seperate from the Quest Log script, possibly with a reward system for making discoveries.
2- A Buy/ Sell/ Equip with cannons and items/ Crew with men that help atributes of ship Script similar to the systemin Skies of Arcadia and
3- A ship battle system that mirros that of Skies of Arcadia's and is seperate from basic battles

See what you guys can do (or possibly create) and thank you in advance for reading all this crap (or not).

Anybody? Was my thing too long? I'm sorry if it was...Am I even asking for something that's possible?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.