Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

A picture appear when i press ALT? [Resolution found]

Hey, I use the Realistic ABS for RMXP, but the HUD doesn't work because i need to use an older version of the SDK. The HUD is a very vital part of the game, because in the bottom left corner there is a picture that shows if you are battle-ready or if you are not. If you have seen the realistic Abs you would know what I'm talking about. Since i cannot get the HUD to work, i was wondering you guys could make it for me. The only thing i need is a small picture or Icon that is shown in the bottom right corner of the screen when ALT is pressed, and when ALT is pressed again, i want it to dissapear.

Here is a picture of the REALISTIC ABS. Please not that i do not need the Mana/HP bars, only the green glow effect (doesn't have to be a green glow effect at all, it could be anything really.). When ALT is pressed, the green glow turns red and the ABS lets you attack. The script i have already lets me attack, i just need a way to show the player that they can.
file.php

Sorry if i am a little difficult to understand, and any help is appreciated.

Sephiron":1j64eabh said:
If you have seen the realistic Abs you would know what I'm talking about.
Now that you realized that, please link there next time. ^^

Since I don't really know what you're working with, I'm having a shot in the blue here... make sure you adjust the script to what you already have to avoid double occurancies (even though you're probably deemed to have a bunch of compatibility issues with the SDK mess you described).

[rgss]class Scene_Map
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  hudfix_initialize initialize
  def initialize
    @indicator = Sprite.new
    @indicator.sprite = RPG::Cache.picture('RegularBackgroundName')
    @indicator.x = 640 - @indicator.sprite.width
    @indicator.y = 480 - @indicator.sprite.height
    hudfix_initialize
    @indicator.sprite.dispose
    @indicator.dispose
  end
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  hudfix_update update
  def update
    hudfix_update
    if Input.trigger?(Input::ALT)
      # the next condititonal asks for game switch #1, assuming that's what's responsible for being able to attack - modify as needed
      name = $game_switches[1] ? 'BattleBackgroundName' : 'RegularBackgroundName'
      @indicator.sprite = RPG::Cache.picture(name)
    end
  end
end
[/rgss]

Ok, I'm not sure if you know what i mean...
Here's the link to the action battle system, but i don't see why you would need it.
http://www.rpg-palace.com/downloads/details.php?id=3

All i need to know how to do is toggle an icon in the corner whenever ALT is pressed. This doesn't have to have anything to do with the battle system.
Thanks for your help though, It's very much appreciated! Maybe now that i have explained myself a little more, maybe you can still help me out. When i started the thread i was very tired and it was pretty late.

Nevermind, i managed to do this with events. I just changed the Input.trigger for the ABS script to R (Which is W button by default) and then made an event that exchanges the Battle ready icon for the other icon when W (Input R) is pressed.

A mod can close this now i guess.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.