Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

A Menu System capable of displaying 8 members

I'm requesting for a scripter to do a menu system where it can display up to eight members but for each member slot, it can only display HP, SP, Lv. and Name... and also, reduce the spacing used, I don't like how the original DMS made it, maybe kinda reduce it by 8 pixels...

poccil

Sponsor

I've finished making the system as you requested.  It has two parts.

The rewritten menu windows expect there to be a face graphic (maximum 96x48) for each actor.  For each face, use the filename faceXXX.png, where XXX is the actor's ID, and put the picture in Graphics/Pictures/.

poccil

Sponsor

Sorry, I thought such a mechanism was already in place.  It's actually very simple.  Change line 109 of the
script section Game_Party from this:

Code:
    if @actors.size < 4 and not @actors.include?(actor)

to this:

Code:
    if @actors.size < 8 and not @actors.include?(actor)

That's it, an 8-member party is enabled.

Alternatively, I've just changed the "menu windows" script in my previous post to make such a change, so you can use the latest version of that script section.

Ehi Guys!! I've some problem whit this script...
i can't make it work whit the GTBS... i've put it at the bottom of the script list...
Right under "Extra_Troop" script... But when i make it work, it gives me error at line (23) in Scene_Menu Script... @status_window = Window_MenuStatus.new(160, 0)
i've look a little around but whitout find anything wrong... (i've never work whit the RGSS2... onli whit RGSS, so i'm pretty a noob whit this new script lenguage) I've edited all the things you have told, but there's no way... Help me out pls ^.^

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.