Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[A+] Magic Learning/Training System

OK, now this is long, so thanks for anyone reading this huge thing for me, but I tried to make it the most detailed possible... ;) (I also have 3 images FIG01, FIG 02 & the Main idea of what I want)

(The Main Idea of what I want):
http://www.rmxp.org/forums/attachment.p ... 1169571560[/IMG]

Here's a Step-By-Step guide to what I want to make... but I can't .... :*)

0. First off, to open the menu to this system, I want it so the player presses on the "2" key on the keyboard (instead of accessing it through a menu. If possible, give me a tutorial on how to open this menu using an event (so that, for example, during the game, I can force the player to open this menu).

1. The menu is opened. You start by selecting one of your 4 characters (in my game, there will only be 4 characters).

2. Then, the game will bring the player to the FIG 01 screen.
(FIG 01 & FIG 02):
http://www.rmxp.org/forums/attachment.p ... 1169571560[/IMG]

3. In my game, the fire skill, for example, will be bought (or obtained) in the form of an item. Then the player uses that skill on one character which will unlock the Fire skill in that specific character’s ability menu (which is FIG 01). (For example, the player buys an item called “Fire Stoneâ€Â

Wow, this is one of the best requests I've ever seen.
I have a few scripts I'm trying to finish (one of which I said i'd finish in december last year) but when I've done those if no one has done this I will.

oh umm... i forgot to mention.... XD
Most spells are darkened a bit (all spells other than Recover, Heal and Revive), but that's only because I took a screenshot of the regular Ability section of the default menu of RMXP to make this "fake" screenshot (Main Idea)... you know... since you can't use "Flame" outside of battle, RMXP makes those skills unusable, in the real version, all spells should be in full white ...this would probably avoid some confusion... sorry I didn't mention it before (I forgot lol ..)

I see not a lot of people are replying... I'm getting a fair amount of views tho... Is this script too though? (or would it take too much time that no one feels like doing it, other than fomar :P)

I've been working on this system on rm2k3 for a while and I would really like to know how to do it in XP :please:

If someone could tell me where to start or... anything lol it would be helpful.. tho I'm 100% sure I'm not gonna get to make this system alone.

I guess this will count as my bump :P

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.