Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

A lot o' Scripts [CBS/CMS/Other]

OK, here's what I need. Please correct me if I'm not allowed to make multiple requests in one topic.

Battle System: A Side-View system that uses the Sprite sheet as the Battlers for the Players and enemies. I've found ones that work for the player, but not the enemies. No ATB. I also would like the skills and spells to be split into two categories. For the spells, when you use the spell, you are given a prompt to input a certain amount of random arrows within a certain amount of time (1-2 secs) for extra damage. Also, there is an adrenaline bar at the bottom that fills up and you use that bar for skills. You can choose how it fills up (Spells, Fire magic, Attacking, Taking Damage) You get more choices as you level up. When the bar fills up a certain amount, you can do a combo attack with all of the other party members who's bar filled up enough. (Like, if Arshes and Gloria both have there bars filled up 100/150. Hilda's bar is only filled up 75/150. Arshes initiates a combo attack worth 100 AP[Adrenaline Points] Arshes and Gloria finish the attack, Hilda does nothing. Since Arshes and Gloria both attacked in the combo, there turns are over. Hilda didn't attack, so she attacks next.) The combo attack is different for each class. (IE. A fighter combo would be a physical attack, a mage would have everyone use magic, a healer would heal everyone an amount based on how many people are in the combo)

Class System: A Golden-Sun type class system. What I mean is there are elementals in my game, and you equip these to change the class and stats of the player. You can equip up to five elementals, each element raises and lowers a certain stat and changes the class of the character. If it helps, here's the elements and there raised stats. Fire=+Attack, Earth=+Defense, Wind=+Agility, Water=+Intelligence. The elementals can be put on "Standby" Where they will not be used.

Menu System: An added choice to the side bar for elementals. The elemental screen shows the players in a row with the elementals under them. On the status screen, there is the player's status on top, then in the middle, there is a circle (I think) graph that shows elemental resistances. See image 001 for an example. When you press the up button, it changes to a screen where you can choose what increases the adrenaline bar.

Movement system: I would like it so when you press the SHIFT button, the screen fades into greyscale, and certain events are shown. (This is for senses, like scent and night vision and sounds.) When you hold down CTRL you begin to run. When you press SPACEBAR, you make a 1 square jump in the direction you're facing. (I mean [P][ ][ ] becomes [ ][ ][P], the player '[p]' jumps over the middle square and lands in the right-most one. And when you press BACKSLASH '\' and you're facing water, you jump in and swim.

I know it's a lot. But whoever does this will have secured a big place in my credits! Thanks a lot!

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/5058/image001xn3.png[/IMG]

Battle System: A Side-View system that uses the Sprite sheet as the Battlers for the Players and enemies. I've found ones that work for the player, but not the enemies. No ATB.
Animated Battlers, the system I've been working on can work with the default battlesystem, not just ATBs like Fomar's Action Cost System, Cogwheel's RTAB or Trickster's TRTAB. If you want the battlesystem to have an AT bar (for cosmetics) but still be a CTB, you could try the ParaDog demo or the XRXS demo I have in the post. Or you could just get the regular demo I got. Note that the demos may not have the most current version of the system. The most current version is still kept in the script spoiler.

I also would like the skills and spells to be split into two categories.
Eh... I do have that grouping and details thingie, though you have to go into the Skills menu to see them split up INTO groups like Magic Spells and Combat Skills (by 'your' design).

For the spells, when you use the spell, you are given a prompt to input a certain amount of random arrows within a certain amount of time (1-2 secs) for extra damage.
The Blitz script by Claihm, posted by either Me or by Cygnea
Also, there is an adrenaline bar at the bottom that fills up and you use that bar for skills. You can choose how it fills up (Spells, Fire magic, Attacking, Taking Damage) You get more choices as you level up. When the bar fills up a certain amount, you can do a combo attack with all of the other party members who's bar filled up enough. (Like, if Arshes and Gloria both have there bars filled up 100/150. Hilda's bar is only filled up 75/150. Arshes initiates a combo attack worth 100 AP[Adrenaline Points] Arshes and Gloria finish the attack, Hilda does nothing. Since Arshes and Gloria both attacked in the combo, there turns are over. Hilda didn't attack, so she attacks next.) The combo attack is different for each class. (IE. A fighter combo would be a physical attack, a mage would have everyone use magic, a healer would heal everyone an amount based on how many people are in the combo)
At first, it sounded like a Limit Break script, but it migrated into a combo attack script. But, maybe you can get it to work this way...

The limit break scripts out there fill the bar and when the bar is filled, you can use a special skill 'flagged' only for Limit Break. Only when the bar is filled will this skill become available. In demos, I always like to let Aluxes use his regular Cross Cut, but have his Feint Attack skill be a Limit Break skill so it becomes enabled when the bar is filled.

The other system you are looking for... Trickster's still working on a Non-RTAB / SDK version of that. This would allow Aluxes and Hilda to combine their skills to pull off a bigger (or as a joke... smaller?) skill attack.

In your case, you may only want to allow the Limit Break skills to combine to form a more powerful skill. This way they can still do limit break attacks, but if they combine their Limit Breaks (and only Limit Breaks) into one skill... BAM!

NOTE: I cannot guarantee that Claihm's Blitz script can be combined with either Limit Break or Trickster's Combined Attack script.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.