Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

A little default turn-based battle system edit.

This isn't for me, but I was reading the battle system thread in rmxp disc board and I thought it may be somewhat useful to those who are using the turn-based battle.

As someone pointed out on that thread, luck plays a major factor (in a not-so-good way) when there are many enemies at once in a turn-based battle; e.g. when all mobs target the same player char at the same time = sudden death. So I was just thinking that it might be cool if someone made an edit that tracks the enemies' targets before they fire off, and re-formulate the chance of everything targetting the same person.

E.g.: Sees enemy 1 about to attack player 1, and enemy 2 is targeting player 1 as well. It then randomizes between some numbers and gives a chance of redirecting enemy 2's target to another player (in reality this should probably only activate if it is more than just a couple of enemies targeting the same person at once). It doesn't need to make it so that it will be a different target 100% of the time, but perhaps a lower chance of happening might be a good idea to people.

Thanks if anyone does this, hopefully it is as straight forward as I think.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.