Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

A few requests

Vyse33

I know i'n new here and shouldn't be asking, but I need a few things.

1. A side view battle script thats like the old final fantasy games and someone to tell me how to make the thing work.
2. A party chager. You know, like changeing your party in your menu screen.
3. Help on cutsences.
And more when I can think of them.

1) Try going here: http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=24608.0 Its a pretty good side view battle system that doesn't really require an extra sprites.

2)Not much help here...did you try searching the forums? Cause there are a few around if you search :thumb:

3)Lastly, Learn to use the events to make cut scenes, hard to explain in detail...(youtube has some helpful vids)

Ok, hope that helps a little, didn't have much time to go into much detail, but try out that and see if it helps. :grin:

Vyse33

Well, i have Xp and I can't get any of them to work. I can't even get the script of the side view. I downloaded it and when I went and clicked on it, it said something about not being the right kind or something like that.

Vyse33

Ok, I got a side view but I still don't know what to do. I'll make a list of what I did.
1. Highlighted code from site and copied it.
2. Opened rpg xp and went to script folder.
3. Went to main and right clicked it and then clicked insert.
4. I went to the new page and right clicked and then clicked paste.
5. I named it.
6. And I started the game and then I get a error.
Am I doing it right.

That is right, from what anyone can tell, but could you be more specific in what the error message was?

ie// does is say int error, or stack level too deep?

And when you reopen the script manager, what line number does it jump to? What is on that line?

Here's how an error should look like with the english version:
"Script 'CMS' line 884: ArgumentError occured.
         wrong number of arguments(6 for 4)"

The reason why you have all these question marks is because you are using a japanese version or an illegal version. You are also probably using an old version.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.