Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

A damage specified range script?

Hello, I was wondering if someone could make a script that you could define the damage range.  Also!  The catch, I want it to be very easy to manage.  So....

I want the damage from weapons or items to be able to be set like this in an array of some sort.

{weapon_id/item_id => base_damage..(or whatever it is to make it go from one number to the next)max_damage}
So and example of this would be...
{1 => 1..4} #Bronze Sword does 1-4 damage.

That simple for the setup....I really need this done please.  If it isn't too much to ask.

Why don't you go into the database and choose the attack power you want (damage).  Then change the effect of stats such as agility and stregnth to 0 or 1.  Also, change the variance to 0 or 1 as well.  I believe that this will result in the desired effect.

Abys, it won't. There is a maximum level of attack power while setting it on the DB, I think.
But, Gammer... err... the user's status also applies to damage. To make it work fully like you want you'd have to set all the stats to the minimum (except SP and HP)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.