Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

A custom message script, willing to pay

I wish to request or commission a simple Custom Message system, I know alot of these functions are included in Coco's UMS, but I'm looking for a custom made exclusively personal use. I am willin to pay up to 10$ through paypal as a incentive if needed, but if it is commisioned, I wish to keep the script private ^_^

anyways, heres how the script should be accessed with events once it's functional. This is only a general description, as long as what I'm needing is here and working, all the other small things is fine.

Also, to a very good extend I am trying to mimic the message system of SRW, I am quite serious about his however, the planning has been in my head for over 3 months, and i have decided that this would be for the best.

<Show text>
      \top[Face01]Name01: Hello there.
<Show text>
      \bot[Face02]Name02:Hello sir.
<show text>
      \bot[Faceo2]Name02:How can I help you?

Basically, when a event <Show Text> appears, if there is a\top[] or a \bot[] command within the text, the text will display at the top or the bottom of the screen.

The [] will be where the name of the picture file for the face set will be. The faceset will be 100x100 or so

The text box needs to take up all the way from left to right of that portion of the screen, and all the way top if it is at the top, and all the way bottom if it is at the bottom. I'd say they would be 125x640 pixels, the message boxes.

The text box will be using a image from the [Pictures] folder, and there will be no use of windowskin involved whenever a \top[] or \bot[] command is involved, and so there is no icon to signal the player to press space, the player can press space whenever since the text is not letter by letter.

If there is a \bot[] or \top[] command, the text box will not be transparent.

When there is a \bot[] or a \top[] command in the text, the opposite text box will be dimmed darker, not transparent, darker, including the faceset. So basically:

<show Text>
      \top[Face01]Name01: I need you to get these papers to Mr. Name03

when this message is displayed at the top, the bottom message box should be darkened to -72,-72,-72,0

<show text>
      \bot[Face02_annoyed]Name02: *whispers* slave driver...

when this text box is displayed, the bottom message box will be restored to 0,0,0,0 and the top one will change to -72,-72,-72,0, the change of color tone should be @1 frame or so to prevent lag I suppose.

Heres the tricky part I guess:

The text boxes along with the text does not go away unless there is a <call script> command afterwards, so:

<Show text>
      \bot[face02]Name02: I understand sir.
<show text>
      \top[face01]Name01: Good, now leave.
<Change screen color tone>
      0,0,0,0, @ 30
<Call script>
      $Erase text & picture message box.

so the text boxes along with the facesets will dissapear, leaving the bg image to fad out.

some of this can be done with events, but I'm asking it be included in the script function for convenience.

anyways, the script does not have to be SDK compatible as I don't use SDK, but thats not a big deal in any way.

Also, when there is not a \top[] or \bot[] command in the text, the message system will function perfectly normal as if the script wasn't even there, meaning it'll have the text all the way to the left or right with no facesets, and the windowskin will become the text box again, and the message window will be in the original placement.

here is a mock up i made for demonstration purposes:

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x268 ... 1207615602[/img]

the commands for this would be:

<Show text>
      \top[faceo1]Hanzo: Some times I really wish this place was bombed as
      well.
<Show text>
      \bot[faceo2]Dave: well you say that, but the truth is theres really no
      where else to go ya know?

the mock up is only a general, the measurements might be a bit off, but again, the text box will be a image from  the game folders that is 125x640, and the face sets will be 100x100, they are up for change but that is the general idea, thank you for reading, and I hope greatly that someone will accept ^_^

not really...

I know it's a bit greedy to be asking for all that, but I really am simply wishing for a commision on it.

although, if you can find a message script that'll display two message windows at once, I can probably edit the script's dimensions enough, and then filling all of the rest with events, but the thing is if I do it with events it will be really, alot of work. Not to mention, I won't be able to get the original function I want with the face set positioning.

if you look at the mock up, it should explain it to some extent.

Is there a recommendation for commercial script requesting? I mean, I know there won't be many people who would be willing to go through all this trouble for free, thats why, but I'm completely serious about this.

edit-

thank you for helping btw.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.