Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

8-Directional Movement

Hello, RMXP.org.

I started to learn about scripting, and I can change scenes and move windows around, and all that easy stuff. I thought maybe an 8-directional movement system would be pretty easy, it might be, but I can't figure it out. I remember you're supposed to do something with Input dir.4 in Game_Player... :tongue:

So I am requesting a simple 8-directional movement script. Whoever makes this will be in my credits. Oh yes, can you put a lot of comments so I can learn?  :grin:

If someone doesn't know what an 8-directional movement system is, I'll explain. When you press the up and left arrow keys at the same time, you'll go to the upper left. If you press the up and right arrow keys at the same time, you'll go to the upper right, and so on.

Again, please use many comments so I can get better at scripting! :thumb:

Edit:
This isn't an advanced one, where the sprite has all 8 directions...just the regular sprite going in 8 directions :thumb:.

Edit:
I'm using XP.

Happy scripting,
~speedolphins

DerVVulfman made an eight direction movement script. If you look in the scripts section he has it listed. I am sure that will help you out. It's also fairly easy to install.

SamusK":394fk1ms said:
DerVVulfman made an eight direction movement script. If you look in the scripts section he has it listed. I am sure that will help you out. It's also fairly easy to install.

Yes, I found that one. It's impressive, but I still couldn't understand.

Regimos":394fk1ms said:
Perhaps specify if this is for XP or VX?

XP, sorry for not specifying. Edited first post.

Devon Jacobs":394fk1ms said:
Either way there are lots of them. XAS has one to for XP that works with most scripts.

Yes, but I am requesting that someone makes it, and that it has lots of comments for me to learn.

cwj5050":394fk1ms said:
There's one for Vx?

What he said.  :tongue:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.