Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[XP] Rye.jp's CBS Starter Pack 0.6

Rye.jp's CBS Starter Pack Version 0.6

UPDATED to VERSION 0.6
Now with Enemy HP Bars! No Lag!

And spoilers

I got Rye.jp's CBS added a few other scripts and such, edited it to slow down some attacks, jump back speed, etc. Worked on it for about three days. It uses charsets for the hero's, and enemy battlers, as well as icons for weapons. Still trying to figure out if or how to make enemy charsets use weapons and 'float' like ghosts, bats, birds, etc.

Credits go to:
Rye.jp (Original CBS Creator)
Reaper* for finding this script and sharing it
DerVV for his scripts;
[limit Break (DVV)]
['Attack' Option Replacer]
Alistor for his Limit Break menu
Sephiroth Spawn for his slanted bars
Clive for editing Sephiroth's Bars
Cogwheel for HP/SP/EXP Gauge Script v1.00 and Remodeled Damage Display
Raziel for Enemy HP Bars
MistTribe for compiling these scripts into a starter pack.
Wazakindjes for getting rid of lag and fixing various things.

I hope I credited everyone accordingly. Ask me if you want me to add certain scripts to this little CBS Starter pack.

Heres a screenshot of 0.6 in action.
6fq5c1y.png

TERMS of use:
The script is available free of use. You may inform us of its use at your option.

Editing of the script is fine, but there are no guarantees on these edits.

You may include this script in your game, be they shareware or freeware. But you must display the name of the website and url in the end credit roll of the game or in an attached text file. A example of this being RaiseField http://rye.jp/

As far as posting the website and site name, please phrase it to avoid any misunderstandings.

Rye, MistTribe, Alistor, Reaper*, DerVV, Sephiroth Spawn, Clive, Cogwheel, and Raziel do not assume any responsibility to damages that occur to the use of these scripts.

These scripts may be updated at any time.

Last but not least the download links.

==============================================
Requested. How do I add ranged weapons?
Well first go down to line 329 in cbs.
http://i34.tinypic.com/2mmb7o7.jpg[/img]
Add a comma to 21 and add the number of the ranged weapon.
I tested it and I KNOW it works now. :thumb:

Good job! And don't be too modest to add yourself in the credits for making this package :/
Edit: Moghunter's damage display looks the best imo, but its your package sooo :P

Your all welcome. Please feel free to suggest different addons. I want to make this to everyones liking. I'm not using the SDK so make sure what you suggest doesn't have to use the SDK.

I don't know if I'm allowed to do this. But I updated it to Version 0.2 and have updated all the links accordingly. So please download and leave feed back!

TO REAPER: Thanks Reaper*! :D Means alot to me. In 0.3 I hope to add HP bars to the enemy's. As well as DerVV's Animation Flip and a few others.

ALL THE OTHERS: I hope to add HP bars to the enemys. As well as DerVV's Animation Flip and a few others. And just so you all know this is just a beta. When it reaches 1.0 I'll consider it a actual package.

Good script, much easier to setup and implement than all the other SVBS, a great find and works very smoothly. The only thing I don't like is that battlers use character set graphics. I understand this makes things easier but I would still like to use actual battler graphics and set them up manually than character set graphics.

The Wizard;241811 said:
Good script, much easier to setup and implement than all the other SVBS, a great find and works very smoothly. The only thing I don't like is that battlers use character set graphics. I understand this makes things easier but I would still like to use actual battler graphics and set them up manually than character set graphics.

What do you mean? :-\ lol. Im kinda confused at your wording. ':|

Yeah I probably could've worded that better, basically what I meant was that I can't use battler graphics for enemies I have to use character graphics, if I use custom battler graphics and set them up manually in the troops section in the database it gives me an "unable to find grapic" error, that's what I meant. Nonetheless still a very well made script.

Rye

Umm... as a small request so people don't get confused: could you change the title to Rye.jp's CBS Starter Pack? Since this Rye, meaning me, didn't make it. Rye.jp has an account here under the username of rye.jp. ^^;; Just so people don't get confused!

And the forum... I think... is Raisefield? Or Raise Field? Good thing to check for clarity right now.
I can't check for you right now... at work.

Rye;241823 said:
Umm... as a small request so people don't get confused: could you change the title to Rye.jp's CBS Starter Pack? Since this Rye, meaning me, didn't make it. Rye.jp has an account here under the username of rye.jp. ^^;; Just so people don't get confused!

Yes I didnt know. Im sorry. Lol.

DerVVulfman;241825 said:
And the forum... I think... is Raisefield? Or Raise Field? Good thing to check for clarity right now.
I can't check for you right now... at work.

And why do I need a link to the forum? :-/

No... no no... :no: Just wanted to clarify whether his online name is Rye, as it's part of his website address or if it's Raise Field as that is the site's name.

Link to the website would be good idea though. :yes: If the visitors don't mind japanese text.;)

DerVVulfman;241879 said:
No... no no... :no: Just wanted to clarify whether his online name is Rye, as it's part of his website address or if it's Raise Field as that is the site's name.

Link to the website would be good idea though. :yes: If the visitors don't mind japanese text.;)

Well the scripts also says Raise Field for the credit. So I'm not sure. Though rye.jp is also the website, so if I just put http://www.rye.jp then thats the link isn't it?

Updated to 0.3 NOW with enemy HP bars thanks to Raziel! Thank you so much man! You have no idea how much this means to me. And I also figured out the floating enemy thing. Just make a State called Flying, then add an event page during the Troop battle and inflict the Flying State to the enemy you want to float. Its in the Demo if you don't know what I mean. Well Thanks to the members that suggested the HP bars. Please feel free to suggest more stuff!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.