Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

What's your internet speed / fee ?

DJ

Some guy that did RMXP before

Well currently i live in Korea and pretty much everyone in here uses 100 Mbps internet.
But i have no idea what internet speed people usually use around here. Sometimes i would meet someone
has as good speed as me, but lots of times when i try to send or share some stuff with person abroad
it would be very slow like hell D: Well mostly Pacific Ocean between Korea and America is to blame,
but still, I'm curious.

Currently I use

320 Mbps Plan @ 13$ Per Month

I got discount because i'm still student.
with actual download speed at 200~220 Mbps when i use router, 250~300 Mbps when i don't use a router.

speed_zps68a57236.png

Welp, I can safely say that sharing anything for me will take what seems to you like an eternity.
79GV2.png

Telstra ADSL2+ 200GB for $100/m
Hooray for Australia's Internet :|:

DJ

ZenVirZan":25ivbmjy said:
Welp, I can safely say that sharing anything for me will take what seems to you like an eternity.
Wow lol. ADSL? $100/m? and 200 GB, does that mean it has traffic limitation?

DJ":ak6w0j41 said:
ZenVirZan":ak6w0j41 said:
Wow lol. ADSL? $100/m? and 200 GB, does that mean it has traffic limitation?
Sure does, unfortunately. It's robbery, but there's not much other choice here. As for ADSL2+, it's an alias for ITU G.992.5 Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line.

Injury

Awesome Bro

You should create your own fiber line infrastructure and just make millions off of it. What shitty speeds. I thought I had it bad, looking at korea and the other integrated networks in eastern Asia.

$40/m 11.8Mbps/2.75Mbps

I pay for 12/3.5, but we all know that companies say one thing and provide another. Distance wasn't a factor as the ISP itself is established less than 5 miles away.

DJ

Fusty":3bbrkw8m said:
3330816968.png

For about € 40 - 45 a month. That would be.. 35 dollars or something, I think.

Megabits per second? or MegaBytes per second? If that's MegaBytes per Sec i say you have some decent internet there,
If not that's still fine stuff.

Speedtest won't work for me, it stops downloading at about 80% every time.

Paying for 50 meg, but but comes with my telly. Probably £25 a month or something daft. Speedtest gives me about 29 meg down, doesn't get as far as up.

DJ

Fusty":2yekg7mo said:
Mbit yeah ;p . Means I'm usually downloading at around 7-8 MByte a second.

I see. That's pretty fine.

Princess Amy":2yekg7mo said:
Speedtest won't work for me, it stops downloading at about 80% every time.

Paying for 50 meg, but but comes with my telly. Probably £25 a month or something daft. Speedtest gives me about 29 meg down, doesn't get as far as up.
I see.... "come with my telly" does that mean the bill includes your cellphone / telephone bills? or you got yourself a new cell phone?
Ah, TV. I didn't knew telly = TV X3

UK here, land of the expensive internet services.

£30 a month for TV, broadband and phone.

This is Megabit/s, not Megabyte, my per-meg download speed reflects this megabit pretty closely, I usually get 2.4MB/s download and around 128KB/s upload.

It's about to get doubled in speed for free, but still, Europe has the best internet speeds I've seen, what UK ISPs do is akin to price fixing.

EDIT: If anyone is interested, I'm on a fiber line and I called up to get my local throughput uncapped (Legally you are allowed to do that in the UK because throughput capping lowers your apparent download speed, which is what they advertise as what you're paying for). But yes, in the UK capped download and upload speeds are normal, along with government-controlled censorship and fire-walling.

Zeriab

Sponsor

Paying for a 100/10 line.
3331965129.png

I don't even... @_@

Well... Can't say I'm unhappy with my provider.
My price is a mystery with part of it going over the rent, part of it through a forced tv-package, an optional tv-package and actual internet. I would hazard a guess at $20-$40
Still... I missed my student connection. 100/100 for $6 per month ;_;

*hugs*

1.5 Kb down 128K Up for $39 / mo.

Yea I know, boonies and Im gettin screwed. Nuthin else available. Barely qualifies as high speed any more.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.