Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

We need a mod -- Apply Within

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are looking for a moderator to monitor all three of these subforums: Pixel Art Analysis, Frankenstein's Lab, and Resource Requests.

We decided to take a slightly different approach to finding a new moderator for these sections, because we need someone who is highly motivated and interested in whipping these sections into shape. You would be replacing Grathea, who is busy with IRL stuff, and work alongside Perihelion and Regi.

RESPONSIBILITIES
The new hire would be expected to help write and fine-tune rulesets for all 3 sections. They should go into all 3 sections frequently, post often, and also start new threads of their own there (obviously, you will need to be an artist--though you don't have to be a GOOD artist, it's expected that you know the in's and out's of pixel art, recoloring, and editing resources).
Moderators can lock threads, edit posts, warn members when necessary, solve member reports, and suggest big changes and official contests, for their sections. It will be expected for you to do all these things, so come in with some fresh ideas.
Note: Any big changes you plan on will need to be approved of by an administrator, and your fellow moderators.
You will also gain access to the staff forums and be expected to contribute there.
(This all may sound like a lot, but remember that you'd be sharing with Peri, Regi, and all the G-Mods and Admins, so really your contribution doesn't have to be gigantic to still make a difference).

REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a member or sponsor in good standing, with little/no warnings.
- Must be an artist (like we said, you don't have to be GREAT, you just need to know your stuff so you can help people in critiques).
- Must write English fluently.
- Must be a regular visitor of Pixel Art Analysis (PAA), Frankenstein's Lab (FL), and Resource Requests (RR) (formally known as Resource Analysis).
- Long-term members (i.e. active here for 6+months) are preferred, but there is no time requirement.
- Must be an active member of RMXP.org, posting atleast a few times on a daily or semi-daily basis.
- People with a fun sense of humor and who are easy to get along with are preferred.

APPLICATION

If you meet the requirements and are interested in becoming a moderator, please copy and paste the following spoilered text into a PM and send it to Venetia on or before Saturday, April 12th. The new mod will be decided upon this weekend.

***Note: If you have already received a notice about becoming a moderator from one of us, please do not apply. You are being considered for different section(s).***

Member Name:

Other names you've had here (if any):

When did you join?:

How often do you come to the forum in general?:

How often do you frequent PAA, FL, and/or RR?:

Do you have a workshop or any recent threads there (provide URLs)?:

Do you come into IRC? If yes, how often?:

Do you feel that you have some good ideas about how to better the resources sections?:

Do you have a good amount of time to devote to the forum?:

Do you have any questions for the administrators?:

Thanks for applying!
Please, serious applications only.
Please note that you won't be contacted until Saturday.

Just as a reminder, folks, please try and meet the basic requirements before applying. Also it doesn't hurt to completely answer the questions!

(Not pointing fingers at anyone, but I've received a good amount of applications thus far and a couple of them are rather lacking! Not all of them, but a few.)

Thanks honies! ILU~

I've gotten a few questions about this, which I'm @_@'ing at ...

"What is PAA, FL, and RR?"

Venetia":1m9wy0qb said:
- Must be a regular visitor of Pixel Art Analysis (PAA), Frankenstein's Lab (FL), and Resource Requests (RR) (formally known as Resource Analysis).

so

PAA = Pixel Art Analysis
FL = Frankenstein's Lab
RR = Resource Requests

These were separated from Resource Analysis, because it deserved to be split.
I usually call the 3 forums the "RA Clusterfuck".

So FYI :O!

Ah man... Why does it have to be the pixel art area? I'm no artist, so no luck for me. And I've had my eye on a mod spot for a while...

Jason

Awesome Bro

bojjenclon":zn3bf4y2 said:
Ah man... Why does it have to be the pixel art area? I'm no artist, so no luck for me. And I've had my eye on a mod spot for a while...

I'm guessing quite alot of people have, and I think I may be right about who gets the position, if ofcourse, that person has applied, lol.

Jason

Awesome Bro

Yeah but here in the UK it's 11:45 right now, so giving the US a -4 to -7 timezome, it could be anywhere between 4:45am and 7:45am for Ven, so give her some time, lol. :thumb:

(I would say -8 to -5, but it's daylight savings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.