Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Volcano tileset

Ok so I saw someone put in a request for a Volcano tileset but the topic was old so locked. Anyway if you're still looking here ya go.

Tileset
243na1g.png

Autotiles
Top 1
2hx4rh4.png

Top 1b
2psj60x.png

Top 2
35l82sn.png

Top 2b
25ezb88.png

Clear Lava Ground
zxs21f.png

So it can be on any ground.

Lava Over Flow
nbzm37.png

(Edited from SakuraPhoenix's Lavafall)

Clear lava 1
2csa2it.png

For connecting to the Lava Over Flow for weaving lave down the volcano side

Preview
240zo7s.png

A little caution if you use Top 2b you'll end up with this
5bs3yd.png

It can be expanded more in mapping then what I have shown in the preview, that was just something I threw together real fast. I have it set so you can have 2 different types of volcanos if you want and the autotiles for each one so it has "moving" lava with in. It's free to use, don't really have to credit but it would be nice.

EDIT:
New Autotiles added.

Edit Oct. 22:
Re-vamped the tileset. Volcano fully tileable at any size.

It's a nice edit! It's not even a big edit but it's still nice enough that a good mapper could make something really awesome from it.
Awesome :thumb:
^_^

Edit: If I were you I'd recolor the edge of the lava autotile to the new brown color. Right now it's still the black from the lava cave tileset..

Thanks you two, if you can think of anything else the tileset is missing i'll add it. I'm surprised no one else (to my knowledge) has made a volcano tileset before.

I'm glad you have a use for it. It was just something i tosed together.

Let's try to stay on topic here. Any discussions apart from the tileset should be taken up via PM or something. Thanks.

-JD

Tindy

Sponsor

Looks pretty smexy.  Biggest thing I noticed is that the top of the volcano looks like it's at the wrong angle, like it's pointing towards the viewer instead of straight up, which, the way the lava sits in it now, would mean that the lava ought to be oozing out all the time.

Otherwise, it's awesome.

yeah I see what you mean there, it's just one of the outcomes when working with the same angles that RM uses. I might just try to make a Top 1b and a Top 2b where it makes the volcano look more vertical.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.