Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

villain for sci-fi/fantasy

After a couple of days spriting for me and a friends sci-fi game I have finished the walking sprite for our lead villain notice the mechanical arm with the jet thruster on the back of the shoulder and the layered hip capes... after this guy I dont think I ever want to sprite again.

map screen
villain.png

battle screen
gaRI.gif

concept art
img001zq.jpg

If you use, please credit.

I don't know much about spriting, but I still think the hair covering his eye might need some work. More specifically, it's too blurry. Otherwise, it's a great job!

ok a problem i've spotted on this wrk of urs.. your concept art and your sprite sheet
has ALL the robotic stuff on his one side, but your animated battler picture has the
robotic stuff on the opposite side. Great wrk though.

don't worry about that, the battle system I am using flips enemy sprites so when I put him into the game he will be the right way round as he will be facing right not left... thus I put the stuff on the wrong side for when it gets flipped.

ok.. thats a bit of a wierd battle system.. that it flips your character sheets..
cant see the sense in that, but if u know what ur doin i'll just sit back and
follow your wrk.

Edit: unless your gona have battles take place on the left side of the screen
aswell as the right side, which would be pretty cool.

atoa cbs... it has a bit on the script for flip that can be set to true or false for making character sprites that can then be flipped and used as enemy sprites... bloody good cbs actually.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.