Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content To Anywhere

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Glad to see you're enjoying things so far, Regi.

The feud between the Garudas and the humans will be an ongoing plot arc throughout the story of the desert world, I didn't reveal the reason in the demo though. They just mentionned though, before you fight them, that it's "payback for what you (the humans) have done".

The Pyramid is meant to be a huge dungeon, for now, you'll only be able to explore the first few floors, eventually, you'll stumble upon a room with the pitfall and a pillar on the other side. That's as far as you can go, to continue further, you'd need the nonexistant hookshot. the Isis orb could be used to decorate the Tesseract town... if I ever get my head around to figure out some of the bugs its special functions are causing. In the Pyramid, the curse will cause you problem if you allow it to get above 50%, opening chests will turn the lights down, or create monsters. Switches will randomly turn on or off, etc.

Now the only thing left to do is to head back to the Island and try to find the entrance to Utopia, as suggested in the menu under "Events".

By the by, Regi, what characters are you using?

Okay, I pretty much finished the demo or second dungeon at least. The second dungeon left a good impression after I found the bombs and began to understand the overall structure of the dungeon. Personally, the dungeon seemed a bit short and needed a bit more forced interaction with the player(i.e. a miniboss or some more puzzles). There were passability errors/misplaced events (yeah, you should be tired of hearing that by now), and I managed to get some of them in screenshots to point them out.
http://img8.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/2575/25755678d28dde70802eebfc91e4ec5a3e6f944.jpg[/img]
You can walk on air, either exiting through the moving tiles or walking off the left edge circled in the screenshot. I'm sure you noticed this though.
http://img7.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads ... 522c28.jpg[/img]
After getting the bombs, I went back to the red chest here(with the fire arrows), and the middle tile moved up.
http://img1.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads ... cb5526.jpg[/img]
~~~~~~~~~~
Also, when the sky garden is landing(when the sky turns dark), you forgot to make the main character invisible.
Well, thats pretty much it. The game was a refreshing change from the usual. What are your plans on the next release?

Thanks for pointing that out, Neverplayd.

The demo ain't over yet, though! I'll tell you the same thing I told Regi. Head back to the Island and try to find Utopia.

I strongly urge all of you to find the Comedy Box on the 3rd level of the Vilindi Ruins and bring it to imp in V-Space.

regi

Sponsor

I see... I noticed the pitfall and pillars once when going around the pyramid, and I thought I was missing a tool or something to get across.

Right now, I'm using the characters Soleil, Mathias, Evelyn, and the captain of the ship (forgot his name). Just a question, if you drop off a party member at an inn, will they automatically return to the place you recruited them? And how many party members are there total?

Also, have you fixed the bug with the Haunted Caves (if you leave and talk to the captain, it'll freeze and you can't go back into the caves)? I'd like to revisit that, otherwise I'll just try and find Utopia now.

Apart from the ghost's riddles are there any other ways of removing the curse in the pyramid? Cos I used the ghosts already, and I'm on full curse. :(

Is that why that lower level is a bit... bonkers? xD

Regi: Yup, if you drop off a character, they'll automatically return to where you recruited them in the first place. There will be a total of possible 16 party members, excluding the hero (or maybe more, depending on if I have strike a genius and decide I must add more). In the demo so far, the only characters you can recruit are the ones listed in the OP.

And I haven't fixed the bug in the haunted cave yet, mostly because I can't figure out where my mistake is. Try and go back there after Utopia, it might be unbugged (I think I know what switch is causing the bug, and I'm using that one all the time for scenes). It's a shame 'cause you miss a buntch if you can't complete the haunted cave: a) The possibility to recruit Gray for more than this mission (but the bug took care of that), b) a good accessory, c) a scene exploring Ianto's and Gray's past (they're brothers), and if you choose Zara's path, d) the possibility to finally recruit Ianto.

Bruno: If you defeat Naga (the snake ladies), they'll drop scales. In the lower levels of the pyramid, there's a room with 3 fire elementals, defeat them all and a vase will appear, inside the vase is white ointment, The white ointment allows you to lower the curse at the cost of 1 scale. (it's a bit lame, but I'll replace it with something better eventually).

Hmm... I seem to have got another glitch. I move the statue onto the panel in the island, go behind the mirror and end up in a new land, and then the game doesn't do anything. I think you have an event move command that cannot be done.

EDIT: I've gotten to the caves in the dark era where you have to use a bomb to get to. That Mouse-catching game is seriously bugged. After I'd finished it, Direction Fix would come on the player for some reason. And also, even after you've completed the game, you can still go and look at the chest and the mouse (from wherever it is) will start it's routine again. Also, the game froze when I tried to shoot the lever in the room before again.

EDIT2: Now I'm stumped. I've got Kayne on my party, and then I went and found the Comedy Box. Now I don't know what to do. And I haven't found this elusive Captain Grey, either. The Imp told me to go somewhere I've never heard of.

Bruno: What? Nothing happens? Is nothing happening before or after you defeat the demon in the world behind the mirror?

I was sure I had fixed that mouse puzzle.

Captain Gray is in Winmilton, it's a town in the dark era, you can get to it by going to the crossroad east of Castonbury and heading south. The Captain is in the inn.

Although you can choose select "Yes" when the imp asks you the question and he'll still believe you.

Doctor":1ast6vke said:
Bruno: What? Nothing happens? Is nothing happening before or after you defeat the demon in the world behind the mirror?
I remember fighting the demon, but thinking I wasn't powerful enough yet. I think I moved the statue, then looked at the mirror, then left to come back later without fighting the demon. I came back later and this happens;

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/ ... no/TA1.png[/img]

I then go through the hole, and he looks around a bit, then turns down and this happens:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/ ... no/Ta2.png[/img]

The music still plays and the fog still moves. I think you've got a move command and a wait til move complete command, which cannot be done.

Oh, fucksies.

During the scene with Kayne and V-Space, I've locked out the entries to the worlds to avoid bugs, but I've accidentally put back the entrance to this one afterward without having it check if the player had gone there before or not. I'll reupload a patch in a minute.

This is all my fault, isn't it?

*raises hand* sorry!

This game is fucking epic, though. There's just so MUCH! It can just keep going! The odd glitch aside, this is designed extremely well!

lol@ basil, too.

No, it's my fault XD But that's the problem when the player has total liberty, There's so many ways to do stuff, it's difficult to check every last one of them.

Uploaded da patch. Check the first post. Now you should be able to go through the mirror properly, although you'll also have to challenge the demon. He can only be harmed by magic, so make sure you have strong arkanes and lots of healing skills or items with you. Someone (but I can't remember who exactly) said the fight was lots easier if you can make the demon bleed. Good luck.

Oh nice, thanks.

Also- I can't figure out the puzzle in the lake cave. It says I got a cross or something, but it hasn't appeared in my inventory.

regi

Sponsor

All right, just beat the weird eye boss and found the faeriies' world. Got a few questions: how do you pick plants (after finishing a garden), and how do you use the buildings you create (made an inn and a teleporter, but both are empty on the inside)?

Also, how about a hint for where Utopia's located? I've searched almost everywhere but I can't find the entrance to it.

And one last bug report. On the world map, if you go to the mountain area above the crossroads, then press Up again (instead of Right), you go to the area above and it glitches if you try to enter (says can't find map 161). Just something small to look into.

Regi":3umji704 said:
All right, just beat the weird eye boss and found the faeriies' world. Got a few questions: how do you pick plants (after finishing a garden), and how do you use the buildings you create (made an inn and a teleporter, but both are empty on the inside)?
You can't pick plants in the garden yet. There's a bug I can't quite figure out about it.
In order to activate buildings, you need to find tenants in the other worlds. There are no tenants for the teleporter, the church or the library yet. Speak to Yoleii (the pink-haired fairy) and ask her how to recruit tenants.

Also, how about a hint for where Utopia's located? I've searched almost everywhere but I can't find the entrance to it.
It's on the Island to Anywhere. There are 5 major locations there: The cave by the shore, the pier, the fortress, the chapel and the cabin. The cave links to the Dark Era and the Tesseract, the cabin links to ArrRabtia, that leaves the fortress and the chapel.

And one last bug report. On the world map, if you go to the mountain area above the crossroads, then press Up again (instead of Right), you go to the area above and it glitches if you try to enter (says can't find map 161). Just something small to look into.

*groan*

Hold the upload, Doc. Found a few more glitches. Gimme a sec while I screencap them.

EDIT: Here.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/brunotherhino/1-1.png[/img]

You can walk down from under the bridge without going on the higher staircase.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/ ... no/2-1.png[/img]

You have the cracks and window on positive passability. You can walk on those windows to the left, too.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/ ... no/3-1.png[/img]

You can walk into space from there.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/ ... hino/4.png[/img]

Is this really the portal house? I went in and nothing happens. That's what I asked her to build...

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/ ... hino/5.png[/img]

Donna's gone. She was in my party, but I told her to leave at an Inn.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/ ... hino/6.png[/img]

The statue's gone. I remember seeing it once, but now it's gone. I've been in and out of the pyramid several times. Is this intentional?

As I said, this game is epic. Love the fairy's island place. I might just have to steal that idea :P (kidding xD). Even though I've 'completed' the demo, I'm going to keep playing. I want to see everything the fairies have to offer me.

This game really is one of the two things I love in a game; creation and freedom. As you say, you can just go round doing... stuff. :D

Looking forward to the final version, too. Very, very good work, Doc.

wow dude. this TOTALLY wasn't ready for a release. you should have released it as a beta rather than a demo. this has more bugs and passability errors than any rm game that i've seen, especially considering the high quality in a lot of areas

hello, i can't seem to solve the switch puzzle in the lake cave, any pointers?? the text said that the reflection reveals it but only a reflection of it. so i made the switches be in the exact looking as the reflection...nothing happened :( so i thought "only a reflection" so i tried to do the opposite seeing if it would work, but i cant get the switches to do it >< help maybe? or am i just stupid because i've been at this for 2 and a half hours??

btw, LOVE the game, its epic! just wish i was better at evil puzzles :(
battle system became hax once i could actualy get money and kill things

warning spoilers ahead -- dont kno how to cover em up yet :p

I picked lune and light magic arkana however u spells it if u were wondering, i've beaten the demon, you said the pyamid dungeon is not finished so i stopped trying, and i am stuck at the lake cave, after the lake cave is there anything else i can do? i have gone to utopia i have to defeat the voidspawn of all the relams, but i cant obviously because the pyramid dungeon is not finished. so is that the end of this demo after i do grays quest?
Really fallen in love with the game, and i found quite a few bugs...such as passing through sides and walking into space in the sky garden, and the walking into space at the faries place, but i think both have been pointed out. so what do i do to finish that evil puzzle!! :(

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.