Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

This week on RMXP.org! (June 29-July 5)

Hoy! Happy Saturday!

HTML:
<hr />

Community

The RMXP.org ORGy Awards are over! The votes have been tallied and the winners are announced. Did you win any categories? Very possibly, there are some surprises. Take a look.

Project Discussion Forums

Pinnacle looks like a decent example of a solid RMXP game. Nothing seems too special about it, but at the same time nothing really seems to be too out of place with it. It's that kind of game that I like; the more ambitious a project the less chance there is for it to see completion.

Empirus Chronicles has a demo out. The game interests me because of the futuristic setting. There's one particular screenshot in that topic where a dude is holding a machine gun to another dude. Things like that look like they'll set it apart from other RMXP games. I haven't tried it myself, so check it out and see if I'm right.

Pariah: Sins of the Father early development thread. The Great Terror's game is among the most in-depth early development topics I have seen and is a great example of what other topics could be like in that forum. He took the time to write out such a thread, so be sure to give it the amount of feedback that it deserves.

RM Discussion

RPG Maker on the PSP? It looks like someone has gotten RPG Maker 2003 working on the Sony PSP. This is a breakthrough in homebrew that a lot of RPG Maker users have been hoping for for some time.

Might the next RPG Maker be able to make games for the XBox360? Hima's found an interesting article that hints at such a possibility.

Resource Analysis

Remember Mascarpone's battle animations? Well, he's finished and released them! They're a smooth-looking alternative to the RTP, and it's a resource pack that I definitely foresee a lot of people using (and abusing?) in the future. Grab it!

RGSS/RGSS2 Scripts

poccil has created a workaround for VX tile's limits. This one's actually been there for a while, but somehow I managed to miss it. poccil's probably one of the best technical scripters that we have these days, and something like this is sure to be very useful to people who use RMVX.

Dargor has released a shitload of useful scripts for RMVX. Among them is a sleek gradient font color script, a in-battle display of actor orders, a junction system (whatever the hell that means), a party changer and a few others. Some are older than the others and don't really fall into this week, but as a whole it's a collection that shouldn't really be missed.

Video Games

It's a fanboy's wet dream. Chrono Trigger on the Nintendo DS. It looks like it's going to be a port with some added features (including something that uses the DS's Wifi capabilities), but information seems a bit foggy for the time being. If you're a CT fan you're either going to love or hate this.

Music Creation

tai has made a brilliant tutorial for converting MIDIs and MP3s/OGGs. He also shines some light on the program TiMidity in general. I'm not much of a music person myself so there isn't much more to say about the thread from me. But it's pretty and nicely formatted!!  :thumb:

Game and Application Development

Alexander Morou's at it again. His project is Abstraction, and the name seems fitting to someone like me, who tends to stay far away from programming. Confusing as hell to a bunch of people, but I'm sure this thing is interesting for the programmers out there. Even though I can't understand much of it, I can say that it seems impressive as hell. An underrated (and ignored) topic, so take a look.

NFG

Post here to be exiled! Name says it all.

HTML:
<hr />

This time around I tried to take a look at some forums that I didn't really feature last time, even more general discussions like the video game one. I think I like this result. Each week isn't going to be the same forum focuses, and it depends on what gets posted where. A pretty decent look into the community as a whole, I think.

oh hey... my project is up there! :] thanks!
mascarpones animations really are amazing, people should definetly grab them.

This is actually a great idea - I didn't even know some of those boards existed, and am more tempted to visit them now.

Oh and this kinda proves the whole "RMXP.org is not dying" thing.

sixtyandaquarter":2ceja1j7 said:
it needed proving?
Yes it did.
On a more ontopic note, while this is helpful, I'm finding these articles to be too personal; as in mentioning that less information is given because the reporter has not looked into it, or that (s)he is not familliar of such things. This could possibly solved in the future by This Week being published not through one, but several staff members.
Just an idea.

moog

Sponsor

King Red Of Pancakes":1l4nhj6t said:
sixtyandaquarter":1l4nhj6t said:
it needed proving?
Yes it did.
On a more ontopic note, while this is helpful, I'm finding these articles to be too personal; as in mentioning that less information is given because the reporter has not looked into it, or that (s)he is not familliar of such things. This could possibly solved in the future by This Week being published not through one, but several staff members.
Just an idea.

I kinda like this idea. Perhaps a staff represenative from each section could report back the most interesting thread(s) so casual members can get more insight on what's happening :)

(sort of like gw's home page)

moog

Sponsor

Sonata":1xayfbpd said:
moog":1xayfbpd said:
(sort of like gw's home page)

because everyone knows we need to be even more like GW.

Im just saying, their front page is organized and compiled very nicely by several editors. I wasnt saying we should be more like them (in truth, im lying though), so thanks for the sarcasm.

np

i can't really tell if you're bitching at me or not, but i was sort of joking about how people have said that many aspects of this site are similar to those of gaming world's. uh sorry if i came across like a dick or something.

moog

Sponsor

Sonata":fh4xttof said:
np

i can't really tell if you're bitching at me or not, but i was sort of joking about how people have said that many aspects of this site are similar to those of gaming world's. uh sorry if i came across like a dick or something.

Nm then im a moron lol

I took you seriously, my bad dude :eek:

King Red Of Pancakes":20diykof said:
Just an idea.

yeah in future weeks when i'm busy or tired or whtever i'd pass it off to whoever was interested in doing it. but i doubt it would change much. the purpose here is HEY TAKE A LOOK AT THESE THREADS and i don't think its necessary to go into detail about them.

I'm interested that you mentioned Abstraction... and that even you didn't get it xD "I don't get it but it's interesting!" or something like that.
Seems I have to work on more than TLDR but now IDFGI (I don't F***en get it).

Oh well, I've already admitted to myself I'm a hopeless nerd.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.