Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

This week on RMXP.org! (June 22-28)

Hoy! Happy Saturday!

I'm going to try something a bit new here, and go over the past week's interesting topics. This is the first update of its kind, and it's more of a trial run than anything. If you guys like this, then it's possible that it will return as a weekly thing. Here goes:

HTML:
<hr />

Community
The .ORGy Awards. The first official member awards here at RMXP.org aren't over yet! If you haven't voted, there's still time. Check it out -- you might be nominated for something and not even know it!

Project Discussion Forums

The Blacksmith's Apprentice has a demo out. Yeah, technically it was released before this week, but this is the first one of these and this one looks like it deserves a little bit of spotlight. I haven't played it myself, but it promises over ten hours of gameplay.

Elemental Heroes has a demo as well. It seems like a pretty standard RMVX game with a pretty standard story (magical orbs and whatnot), but there's a nice level of constructive criticism in this topic that makes it stand out (at least for now).

The same can be said for Void, a pretty good-looking RMVX project with an action battle system. The project forums lately have shown a significant increase in good criticism, both in the giving and recieving. Keep it up, guys.

RM Discussion

Raped by Good-for-nothings starts off as a pretty lame rant about how one guy had a hard time with Master of the Wind's strategy-oriented battles, but it is quickly becoming an interesting discussion about the pros and cons of button-mashing versus serious strategy, and difficulty levels in RPG Maker game battles.

Intros: Detailed or Snappy? Introductions are hard, and this discussion gives plenty of insight on how to make a good one for your game. The general concensus so far is that scrolling text on a blank background is a big no-no.

Resource Analysis

Prototype V.2.2C is a work-in-progress sprite of a giant mech template. Alicix has put serious effort into making it look as good as possible, and has shown to be very receptive to solid criticism. A thread definitely worth checking out for anybody interested in the spriting arts.

The Symposium

Dissonance has created a topic on Tipping. It's certainly not the kind of topic that is usually debated in the Symposium, but it's generated some interesting discussion so far and is worth checking out.

Art and Graphics

Hima's Art Dump proves that Hima is more than a fantastic game designer, he's a great artist as well. Hima's well-known for making the amazing shooters U.S.G. and Hello Panda, and his name has become synonymous with quality work. Check it out.

NFG

I am giving away 5 sponsorships :D Probably the easiest sponsorship-awarding contest that you'll see on these forums. All you've got to do is make member LGBT Rights (who is donating for these sponsorships) laugh. Although with the NFG sense of humor, it might not be as easy as it sounds.

HTML:
<hr />

That's it for this week. If this is a good piece, let me know and I'd be willing to make this a regular feature.

I like this idea :eek:

It'd also be nice if people could post here with additional things they'd like to recommend people to check out.

I'd refrain from "plugging" your own topics, however. That just looks crappy.

As long as it stays to the good or important topics it seems like a good idea. It also lets us get the higher-ups oppinions on what is worthing looking at. I say keep it.

I really like the idea. We should definitely keep it, especially if it shows forum topics with things like good criticism, etc. that can be a sort of standard for people to reference to, and how to keep post worthwhile topics and such.

This is awesome!! Not only did this help me keep up to date on popular topics, it shows projects at their prime!! (woo for the Blacksmith's Apprentice) This is a great way to get the word around, please please please please PLEASE keep this!!!

Percfect! Really handy for those who don't have time to read, and look through
everything. :thumb:

(Something that is not about the 'newspaper'. How did you get my name in
ur signature? Cuz I don't think that you WANTED to put someone's accountname in
it. Some kind o html or something?)

killeryunran":1hyw3x1a said:
(Something that is not about the 'newspaper'. How did you get my name in
ur signature? Cuz I don't think that you WANTED to put someone's accountname in
it. Some kind o html or something?)

it's html

(btw if you don't wanna look like a tool, I'd edit that out of your post and I'll delete this message :3)

tai

This is nice... I came here often enough the past week for me to kind of know what's going on around, but for others (and possible myself) that don't get to visit the site on a regular basis this is great to keep them up to date.

This is an awesome feature despain because i'm in it

oh also because it's better than skimming the boards myself for worthwhile topics and all too.  :3

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.