Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

This week on RMXP.org! (July 6 - 12)

Hoy! Happy Saturday!

It's time for the third installment of the This Week on RMXP.org series of announcements. The past two have recieved positive feedback, so it looks like this very possibly might be a permanent fixture here in the community.

<hr />

Community

It's time for the next official RMXP/VX contest, and this time it's the RMXP.org Summer Blockbuster Contest! The theme's an easy one, and a fun one - it's all about making action-packed cutscenes. Think you can handle the challenge? It's a great chance to show off your talents to the community without having to put out a full game. Check it out.

Project Discussion Forums

Deus ex Machina is a science fiction game, something we don't see around here nearly as much as I'd like. My favorite thing about this project, though, is the Viridian Moon's willingness to accept criticism and use it to better the game. As I post this, a number of the screenshots have been taken down because of the reaction to them. Not because she's trying to hide them or anything, but because she's working on improving them. That's something I like to see. Give the thread (and the game) a look.

A game called The Legendary Hero still needs a lot of work, but it has original graphics which are always a plus and make this worth taking a look at.

RM Discussion

I believe I already mentioned the contest, right?

Do you remember The Doctor's Reviews? One of our better older members has returned, and he's reposted a number of old reviews from the long-gone RRRB group. Definitely worth a read, even if you aren't familiar with the games that are being reviewed. Might give you some advice for your own projects. And the best part? He promises to keep writing more.

Tutorials

Having a hard time with Switches and Variables? An incredibly handsome and happening member named missingno has posted the first part in a possible series of image-based tutorials that aim to explain them in a simple and very visual way.

Resource Analysis

Waiise has begun working on a new character template, the Catastrophe Template. It's for a public release, but template threads are always interesting because it takes a lot of balls to dive into a sprite from scratch (at least in this community, where such a thing is relatively rare). Take a look and see if you can help.

Video Games

A new FPS coming out for the Wii, The Conduit is causing a bit of discussion. The game looks pretty good, although to some people the graphics aren't good enough. I personally don't get it. Graphics during the N64 era for me were plenty. If a game's fun (and this looks pretty fun), isn't that all that matters?

Introductions and Farewells

A new member has joined, someone named Sunshine. Something about him/her seems mysterious and odd... But hopefully he/she will be a nice and active new members! A big welcome!

NFG

Now here is a topic that wrenches on my heartstrings: HAS ANYONE SEEN MY SON? An elderly woman named Melinda Cool has found her way to our message board and is looking to find her long-lost son. If anybody can help her find him, I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated by a lot of folks. God bless, Melinda.

<hr />

This time around I tried to take a look at some forums that I didn't really feature last time, even more general discussions like the video game one. I think I like this result. Each week isn't going to be the same forum focuses, and it depends on what gets posted where. A pretty decent look into the community as a whole, I think.

A bit of a short one this week, because as usual this place is whitescreening and generally sucking. Hopefully that won't be happening for too much longer, since soon we'll be switching hosts.

Until next time, loyal fans!

This weekly update is a very good idea.  Have you considered archiving them or the links in a single thread?  It's be a nice thing to have.

Guardian1239":3a19wz52 said:
This weekly update is a very good idea.  Have you considered archiving them or the links in a single thread?  It's be a nice thing to have.

I was thinking of possibly making a subforum or something for them. But this wouldn't happen until we have more of them and it's more of a regular staple.

THANK YOU, "MISSINGNO", FOR UNDERSTANDING AND HELPING ME SPREAD AWARENESS.

I WANT NOTHING MORE THAN TO FIND MY SON. HE HAS BEEN OUT OF THE COUNTRY FOR A VERY LONG TIME, NEARLY THIRTY YEARS. I HAVE NOT SPOKEN TO HIM IN OVER FIFTEEN. I APPRECIATE THE HELP THAT YOU ARE GIVING ME.

GOD BLESS YOU AS WELL.

MELINDA COOL":2pam25hr said:

I WANT NOTHING MORE THAN TO FIND MY SON. HE HAS BEEN OUT OF THE COUNTRY FOR A VERY LONG TIME, NEARLY THIRTY YEARS. I HAVE NOT SPOKEN TO HIM IN OVER FIFTEEN. I APPRECIATE THE HELP THAT YOU ARE GIVING ME.

GOD BLESS YOU AS WELL.
err.... wtf?

Xaixis":juktvnv5 said:
MELINDA COOL":juktvnv5 said:

GOD BLESS YOU AS WELL.
err.... wtf?
Look at the NFG section, sport.

Most likely. :l
I really wouldn't know much about this, since I'm banned from NFG and all, but it seems like a pretty logical resemblence.

Luminier":9pgvve7i said:
no but you can a xe with gratheo(lol)
What's so funny about that? I mean, it's a gender-neutral pronoun, so it makes sense to use it, no? I mean, normally I don't use it and just phrase my sentences differently, but in certain cases the use of a pronoun like 'xe' is just more efficient and accurate.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.