Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

This Week on .Org Nov 30 - Dec 6

Happy Sunday kids.  I hope you're being good here on .org because the Santa Crew has Santa on speed dial!  Anyway a lot has happened so let's jump into the week.

Announcements

Staff Changes
New Faces come in and old faces come out.  Longtime member Sixty and a Quarter has decided to leave us.  It was sudden and unexpected, but we wish him well.  Aside from Sixty's departure, Guardian has also left to begin work on his solo career.  We wish him luck. 

Please join us though in welcoming Luminier and Perihelion to staff.  Lummy as you know was already staff but needed to take some time off.  Perihelion has been a great contributor to our resource community and so has been assigned Resource Analysis so that users are encouraged to be more like her.

Tech Announcement
We've said this before but it keeps coming up so we'll repeat.  Our mail server is on the fritz so .org won't send you emails on anything.  If you have a password reset issue please contact staff via email or pm.  This will be rectified when we move.

Contests
I hope you all have been working on your Winter Wondermap contest entries because the due date for entries is coming up.  I wouldn't want to miss out on all those great prizes.

Don't forget to sign up for Secret Santa and be a part of the holiday spirit here on .org.  Only three days left to sign up.

RMXP General

Projects
Paradigm shift is an interesting Cyber Punk concept penned up by Perihelion.  It explores the idea of minds collectivizing via a network (just as computers do).  She's looking for more ideas along those lines for further development.  This is one of the more original game ideas we've seen.

RM Discussion

Punk asks why do people make fan games.  A wise man (Etheon) once quipped that making a fan game is like shooting yourself in the foot before you race.  You technically can still win but you've drastically hurt your chances.  What are your thoughts?

Script Analysis

Nowayskill has made an Online Source Library that adds various methods to the rgss much in the way that Seph's and Tricks MACL and SDK do, only without rewriting any of RGSS's base classes.  Check it out.

A slumbering cat organ has produced a script that gives you an item smelting alchemy pot that is similar to the one in Dragon Quest VIII.  Try it out and give him some feedback.

Music Analysis

Domowoj has released some of his latest Noise for all of us to hear.  Its a very interesting genre of music, and the method of composition is a pretty interesting story in itself.  Give it a listen its very unconventional and is likely an acquired taste, but I dig it.

General Discussion

Diss has penned a great parody called the Dark Sponsor.  If you haven't read it yet give it a run through and have a laugh at the expense of others.

For those pining for some NFG Domowoj has restored the post what's on your mind thread in GD.

Other Entertainment

One of the better users of the .org has started a thread dedicated to discussing and recommending great movies.  Before you post there are a few anti shitposting measures.  No spamming a list of shit, no just c/p from anywhere, and no one r sentence posts.  Be thoughtful there are some good reads in there and it should continue.

Well that's it for this week.  Enjoy your holidays.

Anonymous

also it's domowoj not Domowoj!!! learn your minimalism

I counted one exclamation mark in that whole post. :/ Enthusiasm galore! (although I have to admit not much has happened recently, except yesterday it seems like all the stuff that was supposed to happen during the week was crammed into one day.)

Anonymous

sophist is the most sterile staff member don't expect him to make things interesting or fun at all

wait for mine :3

see, wyatt? this week's don't NEED to have some sort of silly hook. this works just fine. it's like vanilla ice cream... no, more like an ice cube. it's likely that it'll enrich your (drink) experience, but it's nothing special on its own.

mawk

Sponsor

also to both the muslims on this forum EID MUBARAK!

tomorrow is eid ul'adha (or maybe the day after depending on who sees the moon and when) so everybody muslim have a good time monday or tuesday okay??

sophie your soooo VANILLA

boringest this week ever

:3

oh and also

PUT AN XMAS HAT ON YOUR AVATAR good things will happen if you do!!!!
SO JOIN THE SANTA CREW
(it rhymed :3)

I was tired this morning and didn't really want to put the time in.  I'll bring back Killface after the holidays.  That schtick seems to work for me.

moog

Sponsor

Yeah the Killface thing was pretty good, when I saw It I kind of lol'd.

Nice this week, makes me might want to do one in the near future d:eek:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.