Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

This Week on .ORG (March 1 - 7)

mawk

Sponsor

huh.gif

tac.gif
[img]http://bb.xieke.com/files/proj.gif[/img]
tac.gif
[img]http://bb.xieke.com/files/discus.gif[/img]
tac.gif

tac.gif
[img]http://bb.xieke.com/files/happen.gif[/img]
tac.gif
[img]http://bb.xieke.com/files/draw.gif[/img]
tac.gif

tac.gif
[img]http://bb.xieke.com/files/ror1.gif[/img]
tac.gif

hey1.gif
Hey, welcome! I'm a guy, that's my cat, and this is a week! There hasn't been a lot going on this week, but I still gotta tell you guys what's going on. Volunteerism and responsibility of the press and so on and etcetera.

Heh, I've been rambling again! Gotta shut up and get things going!

Oh, and you can use the little labels up there to skip to the appropriate section.

CHYA!

proj.gif
cat1.gif
">one

Been a couple of interesting things projectswise. No, I mean it, just the two; I don't know what it is, but we haven't seen a lot in the way of projects this week. Huh. Anyway, enjoy what there is.

• Cryaotic is working on an RMXP project called Tales of Balken. From what I hear, it's got potential, but is still in the early stages and could use a bit of refining. If you think you can help with that, you should check it out.
  • On a different note, Little AlchemyX is making a platformer using the C# programming language. You should definitely check out Mr. Blue's Misadventures; it's kind of cool to watch someone work from scratch for a change.

discus.gif
cat1.gif
">two

There's a little more as discussion goes. Talk is cheap, I guess. Uh, wait, I hope that's not the case here. People gotta be smart in debates, or at least sound that way. Anyway!

• Man, but do I hate religious discussions. I don't know what it is about forums, but whenever someone brings up the subject of religion, like half the participants scatter to the extremes of the spectrum and start pissing at each other. If you think you can avoid doing that sort of thing, though, CanadaATW has made a thread called Religion, what do you think? Have fun, I guess, and try to keep things decent.
  • Speaking of things I hate, I should really go and blow off steam in Justin Lee's thread. It's called What irritates you?, and really the name should speak for itself. It's where you go to talk about what really rubs you the wrong way.

happen.gif
cat1.gif
">three

Okay, uh, thing about the world is, stuff's always happening. You really can't do much to slow it down, and so it's pretty important to stop and figure out what just happened. So, what just happened? I'm gonna leave that to you.

• This is sort of current events mixed with public opinion. Unpronounceable everyman FaaidDeOiad knows that the economy's in a pretty deep hole right now. He also knows what that's done to gas prices; sure, a lot of people can't afford to keep their cars, but at least the cost of keeping them fueled up has dropped. Basically, the economy sucks, but at least gas is cheaper. But where do you think the price of gas will go from here? It didn't look like it had a lot of promise to begin with, but the discussion on the subject has actually gotten pretty good.
  • So, back to the economy: stuff's bad. A lot of people are losing their jobs. The ever-lovin' Venetia brings up today's Skyrocketing Unemployment and asks how the crash has affected you and those around you. Lose everything but your laptop? Let us know!

draw.gif
cat1.gif
">four

Art is cool. Pixels are alright; I mean, you need them for computer screens and stuff like that. People can do some cool things with pixels, though. Let's check it out.

• So, uh, anyone who's making a game probably knows what a template is, and anyone who's making a game and has light do-it-yourself ideals is probably in the market for cool templates so they can give their stuff a relatively fresh look. A Panda is working on a new template in a fairly adorable style, and since a panda has no thumbs it could probably use your help and critique.
  • On the other side of the pixelart spectrum, budding artist and MIT brainiac Perihelion is working a bit of pixel art. It's shaping up to look really cool so far; you should definitely give it a once-over. If you've got anything substantial to contribute, that's great too.

ror1.gif
cat1.gif
">kanye

Yeah! Watchmen! I dunno if you've read the comic or care about it at all, but the movie came out just this Friday, and I'm pretty stoked. If you're not, hey, too bad. This thing gets its own tab anyway.

So, who watched the Watchmen? So far, it looks like Venetia has, along with a handful of other people. If you've seen the movie yourself and want to offer your two cents, or if you're just wondering if it's worth seeing, you should check out the Watchmen review thread and see what other people are saying about it.

Okay, so I think that's about it for this week. Remember, you gotta set your clocks an hour forward for Sunday, or else you'll be an hour behind the rest of society. They'd probably point and laugh. I'm out!

next1.gif
cat1.gif

• AGM recalled in Japan after multiple homicide!
  • President Obama kidnapped!
  • Where's mawk??? seriously where is he???
  • Armageddon! Discuss your favourite memories of living.

chya.
[Embedded content has been removed]

The thumb, it is raised quite high! :biggrin:

Great tunes there good sir, and the cat should be an idol. Either of worship or just to give a hi-five towards.

Oh, and CHYA!

:thumb:

The music is ninjaflood starts school, and it's by dubmood.

Also, KRoP, they're global announcemented. So you can see them wherever, for people who might not check the Announcements forum that regularly.

Twirly

Sponsor

Nice music mawk :O
And yet another great this week on .org :smoke:
also in the first pic, it looks like it says "this week on .omg" :smile:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.